Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Change

This song has been in my head lately. This year is going to be full of change. Some good, some maybe not so good. Some I just don't want to talk about yet on the blog. But I firmly believe change is for the better. I keep telling myself that.

My kitchen is no longer my cheerful blue and yellow. We painted our condo this weekend. It is khaki brown or something. Greystone, I think is the official colorway :) I loved my kitchen. I was searching for a picture on flickr of it to show you, but came upon this one instead.

doggies

Aw. My doggies. They'll make me smile anyday. Goodbye pretty blue kitchen.

Another song in my head lately. Actually, two. This one and this one. Okay, and this one too. Why yes, its March. Irish music, of course. I actually like it all year round, but March has been a hard month the past few years. Five year ago March, my grandma passed away. The following March a dear family friend. Then the next March, Cotty. I'm blessed to have such happy memories of my family. We just pray a little bit more to get through March.

On a slightly happier Irish note, did I show you this gorgeous handspun, made especially for me?!?!

IMG_2980

IMG_2981

Thayer spun it for me for my birthday, and she named this colorway "Fightin' Irish." Perfect, don't you think? I can't wait to knit with my first handspun ever. If anything is going to push me over the spinning edge (and honestly, right now, I don't think anything can), this gorgeous, smooshy-soft yarn just may.

Did you watch the Oscars tonight? I realized while watching that I've seen more movies in the Best Animated Film category than the Best Film category. I'll thank Princess Lil' Snowboarder for that :) I was glad to see Sandra Bullock win for The Blind Side. Great movie.

Yes, I know. A bit random, jumpy post. But I wanted to post tonight. I actually had time to sit and write this, rather than rush with a few pictures. A bit of reflection is always good. And with so much change this year, there are still so many constants. One thing is for certain. I am very loved and very blessed.

Now back to knitting. Some secret. Some wips. And one lovely blanket that still isn't done.

Here's to a great week!! Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

17 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Hope things get better.Hugs Darcy

Unknown said...

Hang in there. Change is definitely hard but also can be wonderful and full of surprises when you don't even expect it. Sorry to hear about your kitchen colors! Blue and yellow sounded very fun. Maybe sometime again in the future!?

Bezzie said...

Love the handspun! Hee hee!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope what ever it is works out to be a positive thing in the long run. Hang in there!

Mary said...

Hope things get better. On a lighter note the hand spun is so yummy!!

dianne said...

Pretty handspun! I love that it's blue and yellow like your kitchen was too:-)

SissySees said...

My dogs never fail to brighten my day either. Heck, YOUR dogs never fail to brighten my day for that matter! I hope things improve for you, and I'm very sorry about the kitchen. I NEEEEEEEED a cheerful kitchen.

browncurls said...

I had exactly the same observation watching the Oscars - I've seen 3 out of 5 of the best animated film nominees, but none of the best film nominees!

Hang in there, and remember, change = growth.

Zonda said...

Cute doggies!!! One day I hope to snuggle with them :) Beautiful handspun too...hehe..this too can be done by you ;) ((hugs)) We're here for you!

JelliDonut said...

That handspun is gorgeous--if I saw it at my LYS, I would buy it. As for the Oscars, I only saw one of the movies. How sad is that? For whatever reason, I just wasn't in the movie-going mood all year. Must remedy that.

Changes--I need to make a few of my own, but I'm either too chicken or too tired. Oh well. At least I have knitting! Hang in there!

knittingknirvana said...

Changes can be very hard, but after adjusting to the change it can be absolutely wonderful. I hope it is wonderful for you! :)

Rani said...

oh, what a pretty skein of yarn. And just for you!

Love the pup mugs. I just want to give them smoooooooooches.

weezalana said...

Sending lots of hugs,'cause you sound a little bit like you need them. ((((HUGS))))

Scrabblequeen said...

I'm sure there is a good reason for the kitchen color change...but I can only hope you adjust soon. How awesome to get your own colorway in a nice handspun! And, thanks for the doggie pics...It seemed too long since they were last here, as I mentioned at Stitches. :-)

cupcakefaerie said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift.

Knit through the change. Call me--we can knit through it together. Many many xs and os!

hearthead said...

Here's to a great March! Love you!

Knitting Kris said...

Change is hard. Sometimes it's necessary, but still hard. I'm thinking of you......take care!

PS - love the handspun!

ShareThis