Sunday, March 21, 2010

So many projects...

...so little time.

I'm starting to figure out how my "designing" brain works. When I'm in the process of working on a design, it is all I can think of, even when I'm not working on it. My "other" knits at the time have to be very simple or familiar patterns, or they just don't stand a chance.

Then there is the point when I know I have my design worked out and I just have to finish knitting it. Then my mind begins racing! What else do I want to knit, other projects, maybe another design.

And my "knitter" mind throughout all of this. Pretty yarn. I want to knit that now. And that pretty yarn, too. My stash is a big bucket of tease trying to distract me from my design.

With that bit of explanation, I present to you the many knits I'm thinking on.

1. The Pink Blanket. Of course. It is soooo not portable right now though. And that edging. Daunting.

2. Something with Sassafras. I blame this completely on Gail. Ever since I saw this knit up, well, I just want to knit it! But I'm thinking I'd like to knit Merrily in it. The stitch count should work really well with STR lightweight.

IMG_3052

3. Lil' Guy is turning 3 on April 2. I usually knit him a vest of some sort. Because his mom then takes super cute pictures of him in them. Of course, I can't find the Christmas card one of him wearing last year's vest at Disneyland, so this one will have to do.

get-attachment.aspx

And yes. I do fear the year he says, "No Auntie. Don't knit me another vest." Really, I want to knit him a sock monkey. I've been wanting to knit him one since two Christmas' ago. What kind of auntie am I??!!?

4. I really should finish the mate to my Uncle Frank socks in STR.

IMG_3057


5. Keep working on that sock I showed you last week. Well, let you peek at.

6. Designs bubbling away....Grandma-inspired socks (we can't have Mimi, Cotty, and Uncle Frank without Grandma). I already know that my skein of Plucky Knitter MCN in the colorway Dotty is set aside for these socks. My grandmother's name was Dorothy, and everyone called her Dotty. Now to just design it.

7. I've also got a hat, a scarflette, a pair of mittens (why, yes, for summer?!), and another sock or two brewing. But um. That day job gets in the way.

8. And to knit this. Just because its purty. And new from Stitches West.

IMG_3055
wabi sabi tallulah fingering yarn, colorway dessert

9. I really want to knit January's Rockin' Sock Club socks. But with the March shipment right around the corner, well, hopefully I can knit March at least.

10. Boobies. Sock camp homework, need I say more?

11. Speaking of sock camp, I really, really, really would like to knit at least one of the skeins of yarns that I dyed last year at sock camp or last November at the Knot Hysteria Retreat.


When do I want to knit these? Why, before sock camp in three weeks of course. Crazy? Definitely.

Happy Knit-Dreaming!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits


16 comments:

Discoknits said...

That's a LONG list! But that Wabi Sabi! Oh my! How will you ever decide ;0)

SissySees said...

Good grief. I aspire simply to finish the Sereknity blankie before the baby arrives, supposedly on April 13th.

Maria said...

Knit faster!!!! Sleep is overrated. I have both Anne Hanson and Sivia Harding shawls on the needles. Of course, I'd like them both finished. Oh, and Anne just put out another new pattern yesterday. Gotta go! Sock camp is in 3 weeks!!!!

Neuroknitter said...

I will be delighted to take the blame for your Sassafras indulgence!! LOL!! I think your Merrily socks will be ever so lovely in it!!

That Wabi Sabi is lovely!

That's right! The March kit is just around the corner!! I better hurry and empty a pair of needles for its arrival!

Unknown said...

In grand Sock Camp tradition, you know you need to wait 'til the very last moment to knit your homework. Just sayin. LOL!

Otherwise, I have no helpful suggestions for you. ;)

weezalana said...

I have the opposite problem - nothing on the needles. Nothing inspires me right now. :(

dianne said...

My brain is that full of knitting all. the. time. LOL! I love the way your Uncle Frank sock is striping!

Sam said...

I wonder if we were separated at birth or sisters in a past life. I've been thinking very similar thoughts and making similar lists. Although I'm hoping to somehow pull 2 sweaters, a shawl, a pair of socks and a pair of boobies out of my knitting hat before camp.

Maybe we can go to the loony bin together. Do you think they'll let us knit in peace?

Zonda said...

Hehe...looks like my list..well not the designing part! Look forward to seeing what the "boobies" turn out to be LOL!

Anonymous said...

So - Cockamamie session 1 or 2?
Not sure if I handle meeting all my favorite heros at one time!!!!

That would be soooo cool to meet up with you also!

Cincinnati Susan

tapmouse said...

Ah, the knitter's, "So many knits...so little time" dilemma. Only you have the extra knitting and designing of projects-a whole 'nother type of knitting! Keep going-loving your designs-and speaking of wanna knits but haven't had time to knit...Uncle Franks and Bramble Berries!

Batty said...

My academic brain works very similar to your designer brain. Single-minded obsession until the project is done. But it doesn't prevent the ogling of other projects. Wish there were more time in the day...

Knitting Kris said...

What pretty yarn! I just saw the RSC spoiler - great colors! And very pretty pattern, as per your usual. I didn't sign up again this year, but it looks fabulous!

Electra Maven said...

Hey :)

I was just passing by and found that you might be interested in making money online. I've joined these 2 a month ago and they are already paying me out.

www.buildupyourmlmonline.com
www.themagicofmlmonline.ws

Finally found something that we are able to make some serious money and not that complicated. Thought it was a good idea to share as most of the people I know keep falling into those terrible scams.

All the best for you! Enjoy!

Susie said...

You got a lot going on. Love the colorways you shared!

Steve said...

Darn you! I did not need to see that Wabi Sabi link. I might have accidentally bought something more for the stash.....

I need to get busy on my boobies for camp too. I have to say they have me a bit baffled.

ShareThis