Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Sunday!

IMG_3018

I'm enjoying my relaxing Sunday at Mimi's house in Reno. Cold, but gorgeous day. And do you see the snow on those mountains? Well, that snow kicked my butt Friday. A 4-5 hour drive turned into 9 hours!! The rain/snow forecast turned into SNOW!! So much for a quick weekend getaway.

IMG_3015

I practically finished this cowl (hoping to be a Merrily cowl) while sitting in traffic. Dead stop on the top of a snowy mountain, watching snowplows and multiple tow trucks and fire engines, go by. Thank goodness I made it here safely.

IMG_3011

The cowl is from this gorgeous skein of Madelinetosh Vintage that I bought from WEBS at Stitches. Traveling with the BMFA ladies, I was treated to a fabulous dinner Saturday night with them and the WEBS team! They had sold out of all of their Madelinetosh Vintage at Stitches, except for this lone skein. I went back Sunday morning to get the last skein. I didn't realize WEBS sold Madelinetosh, and now that my beloved Woolgirl is closing her online shop (still will have the kits, yay!), well, WEBS may be where I go to for my online MadTosh fix.

IMG_2999

These two skeins of Madelinetosh Pashmina (colorways Composition Book Gray and Stovepipe) were from Imagiknit. My favorite yarn store in San Francisco. I haven't tried these yarns yet, but as you can see, I splurged a bit on the MadTosh at Stitches (I haven't had a chance to take a picture of the 3 other skeins of Vintage that I bought).

I still have a few more skeins of sock yarn from Stitches to show you...Miss Babs, Dye Dreams, Wabi Sabi. But that will have to wait til next week! Wow, where did this week go?!?!

Happy Knitting!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

14 comments:

SissySees said...

Glad you arrived safely, and what a pretty cowl!

JelliDonut said...

I hope your drive back home is safer and easier. Lovely yarn!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Glad you're safe! And great that you had knitting at hand...

Katinka said...

I bought my first skein of Madtosh Vintage at Stitches, too, and oh my - it is lovely stuff.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a beautiful view she has! I love those snow covered mountains. It sounds like you have a bit of a different feeling about them though! I hope your drive home is much more normal.

Christine said...

I hate to tell you this (because that may mean less Madtosh for me), but The Loopy Ewe carries Madtosh as well!

Unknown said...

The pashmina is so nice to work with :)

I will warn you that I've heard some people having issues with WEBS not matching skeins for sweater quantities, so be careful!

I usually buy all of mine from eatsleepknit.com :)

Batty said...

Good thing you made it safely, that's one long, slippery drive.
The cowl is beautiful. I want to knit one before the end of winter, if I hurry up, I may still squeeze it in before spring shows up.

Bezzie said...

I recently got to fondle my first skein of Madelintosh last weekend--it certainly lives up to the hype!

I love the way the grey knit up.

peaknits said...

Wow - that is some lovely Madtosh! I am sorry to hear the snow kicked your butt - I totally get it, and it sucks! But that cowl is a mighty nice consolation:)

cupcakefaerie said...

I'm so glad you made it safely. The bright side is the finished cowl. Beautiful!

I'm loving your Madtosh. I resisted at stitches, but I'm not sure how much longer I can go. :)

Zonda said...

Whew, it's a beautiful area, but yikes on the trip!! One must always keep emergency knitting huh! Oh..yeah, Madtosh..um..er..I shall not tell of other ways to get this ;)

weezalana said...

I just want to reach in a smoosh that Madeline Tosh!

That's the second yarn shop I've heard of that's closing this month. :(

tapmouse said...

GORGEOUS! Love the Merrily Cowl! And I think I need to not look so closely at that Madtosh-baaaad influence on me!

ShareThis