Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sweet Home

SweetHome.6


Sometimes all it takes is a simple name to inspire a design. Chateau, the colorway name of Kolláge Yarn's Sock-a-licious Yarn, made me think of lazy days on the porch of a beautiful southern home, with columns similar to those of Tara, sipping sweet tea.

SweetHome7

sweethome9

A Southern home perhaps because the yarn arrived with a postmark from Alabama, home of Kolláge Yarns.

SweetHome.5.5

...Alabama...lace...columns...chateau...home...sweet home.


Pattern: Sweet Home

Yarn: Kollage Yarns, Sock-a-licious, colorway Chateau

Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)

Gauge: 32 sts. = 4" over st st

Size: adult women's medium and large

Finished measurements: 6¾" (7¾") unstretched (up to 8" (9") slightly stretched) foot circumference; 6¾" (5”) leg length

Notes: A cuff-down sock with written instructions that include charts specific to each size and are provided on the last page.

A very special thank you to my fabulous test knitters Jocelyn, Gaylen, and Madeleine! Tricia did a fabulous job on the impromptu photo shoot! And to Susie at Kollage for donating the yarn for them to knit with!

Happy Knitting! Its time for Sweet Tea!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

12 comments:

SissySees said...

The colorway reminds me of an iced coffee, just before it is stirred...

Lovely, as always! I'll have to put it in my queue, right behind Cotty and Dotty and...

Rani said...

So pretty! I agree with Channon - like my morning iced coffee - I'll drink it on the front porch of a large southern mansion. Mmmmmm.

This is another of your patterns that could work for a man, too. It could be feminine or masculine, depending on the yarn. I would think that would be hard to design, but you manage to pull it off! Talent.

dianne said...

Another great design!

Neuroknitter said...

I just love that color! Those socks are wonderful!! Another fantastic design!! Brava!!

gMarie said...

I love the heels on these. The yarn is fantastic. Thanks for letting me help. g

Scrabblequeen said...

I like what I see! Perhaps this will be my next sock for me...:-)

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on another design! I love how this pattern is not overly masculine or feminine - which means it's *perfect* for both!

Zonda said...

Gorgeous design!! Another one to go in my queue ;)

Erica said...

Just cast these on with Sock-a-licious in colorway Blush. Gorgeous design!

Virtuous said...

I really like this sock design and the colorway is perfect!!

Too bad it is top down :o(

Hope you are well!

Susie said...

I'm always looking for socks that can be for a man or a woman and these are perfect!

sharon watterson said...

beautiful pattern, love everything about these socks, congratulations

ShareThis