Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gratitude

Happy almost just about Friday!  Thank you guys for your super supportive comments on Tuesday's post.  I've been doing a bit of thinking lately, and I think I'm going to try a bit more to focus on the positive things in my life.  As Stacey suggested, maybe starting a gratitude journal.  I really enjoy reading Tammy's 1300 things to be grateful for list, and it led me to Violet's blog, who inspired Tammy.  Although I'm not quite ready to jump right in and commit to a list of 25 things each week, I think I'm going to do some modified version.  I'll give it a try.

Things I am grateful for this week

1. Being able to stop by the farmer's market today after work.  I bought Ranier cherries! Yum!

2. My friends suggesting we see Bridesmaids after knit nite on Tuesday (our knit nite meets at a restaurant a few doors down from the movie theater).

3. Going to see Bridesmaids and laughing so much for two hours.  Pretty fabulous movie.  Go see it with your girlfriends this weekend.

4.  Casting on a sock project with a sock yarn I haven't tried before, and loving every second of it.

5. Sunny days. Today was one of those!  Especially delightful since it was raining??!?!  a few days ago.

6.  Having enough daylight when I came home from work to take a picture of that sock project I'm loving.

IMG_6155

7.  Raising $420 for this weekend's Walk Now for Autism Event!  Thank you all for purchasing my Walk Now pattern and showing your support.

8. That tomorrow is Friday and I have a fabulous weekend planned.

9. The ability to give away pattern prizes!!  Some awesome blog suggestions....thank you!! Five lucky winners of a copy of Sweet Home are....

Melanie
Dianne 
Megan
Siobhan
Renee Ann

Shoot me an email at irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT com and I'll email you the pattern pdf.  Congrats!!

10.  Making the time to blog tonight. 

Anyone want to join me?  What are you grateful for this week?

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Discoknits said...

The package I received in the mail yesterday ;0) Especially, the very special hand-dyed yarn :0)
The first in your new line, right?
:0)

dianne said...

Hey! That's me in your prize list! Thanks Carrie :-)

What I'm grateful for today is that my son is happy and successful in his Co-op position. I woke up to a Happy Birthday email from him this morning and he had sent it from his official WORK address! It was soooo awesome to see that! When did my baby get so grown up?

Renee Anne said...

Hey...there I am in the prize list :)

I think I need to take some time for an "Attitude of Gratitude," as one of my friends calls it. Hmm...ideas, ideas....

Hot Pink Socks said...

My family! They are the bigest blessing.

knittingknirvana said...

A three year old son and a three week old daughter that are healthy and happy.

Zonda said...

Good online friends that keep me sane and steady when all I want to do is run away and let someone else handle the move ;) Just being able to "get away" online helps tremendously!

Debbi said...

this is really inspiring! So.....I so grateful for having you as my friend!

peaknits said...

I am so grateful for that one nice woman who said "congratulations!" when I said I was turning 40 - really turned my day around. 40 can be cool! I hope.

Anonymous said...

Love your stitch marker!!

Rene' K

ShareThis