Monday, May 30, 2011

Gratitude List #2

I heart 3-day weekends.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I have a lot to be grateful for this past week (I know, technically it is Monday, but the long weekend is making me think the week is just wrapping up).

Here is my Things I'm Grateful For List #2

11. 3-day weekends.

12. Freshly groomed doggies.

IMG_6302

IMG_6303

13. Fresh lettuce at the Farmer's Market, which translates to yummy salads all week long.

IMG_6300

14. Hearing La Vie En Rose on a Saturday morning.

IMG_6301

15. Reading what other people are grateful for...here, here,  and here.

16. Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam cheese.  I intended to take a picture, but um...

17.  Raspberry Buttermilk Cake.


IMG_6313

18. That my mom is willing to walk around on rocks and sand for a sock photo shoot. Thanks mom.

Capitola 17
Capitola Socks, coming soon from Sunshine Yarns

19. Celia's speedy test knitting skills to make this photo shoot possible.

20. New project bags that were not only on sale, but match my new project perfectly!

IMG_6298

21. Snuggles with my best friend's 7-month old baby, who was home visiting this weekend.

22. Catching up with old friends.

23. Learning to lever knit. Thank you Steph! Most of last year I really, really tried to stick it out and switch over to lever knitting. I had taken Stephanie's Knitting for Speed and Efficiency class twice and wanted to put in a good effort try!  I still don't have it down perfectly, but I do think I knit more efficiently and I also don't despise the purl stitch anymore.  Which is how this on Saturday afternoon, turned into a finished scarf today.

IMG_6316

24.  Tosh Merino Light. I bought this last month at Jimmy Beans Wool, and love it!!

25. Uber-talented friends.  I am so blessed.

IMG_6324

What are you grateful for this week? Please share!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

7 comments:

Susan Moskwa said...

- Not having cavities after having avoided the dentist for longer than I care to admit...
- 3-day weekend that allowed me to get caught up on all the things I've let slide over the last month...
- Finally implementing a solution that will (hopefully) prevent my cats from kicking their litter ALL OVER my laundry room...
- Surprise tickets to a Prairie Home Companion live show + meet-and-greet with Garrison Keillor!

Hot Pink Socks said...

Im not quite shure what I like the best, your socks, your yarn or the pie! All look fantastic! Have a great day

MicheleinMaine said...

Oh, spaniel lust! They are so cute!

Mostly I am grateful for sun after a month of rain.

Renee Anne said...

So far, I'm totally grateful for the following:

1. A Little Man that travels across the country quite well. We drove from Madison, WI to Greensboro, NC, then from there to Washington DC, then around that area for 3 days, then back home...over the course of a week. He likes riding in the car, thank God.

2. Vacation. I needed to get out of this house and this town and this state...if only for a week.

3. A visit to Notre Dame on the way home. No, not the one in France...the one in South Bend :)

4.A working lawnmower. And a pool that's filling as I type. And a yard that puts it all to good use.

5. Oh, and knitting time.....

Pamela said...

I'm grateful for:
- the skillful and compassionate surgeon who operated on my husband, and grateful for his rapid healing.
-the companionship of our lovely Cavalier, Quigley
-the love and care of friends who helped us get through this long winter and spring filled with medical problems
-Knitting!!

Kyle Kunnecke said...

-my animals and the way Willow (the 3 legged cat!) loves to purr and snuggle in the middle of the night
-my friends
-my home and this amazing adventure in San Francisco
-having the luxury of knitting and the comfort of my fiber friends
-feeling inspired by museum exhibits
-having you as an internet pal! :)

Unknown said...

Yay on the socks! Can you believe I don't have a semi-solid sock yarn of Dani's Sunshine Yarn goodness? I will need to remedy that on her next update.

And good timing on the photo shoot! I know how wacky our weather's been.

So what I'm grateful for this week so far?

- A day off w/my monkeys for a little movie watching & shopping.

- The occasional sunshine we are getting.

ShareThis