Sunday, August 21, 2011

Recharged. Relaxed. Refreshed.

I wish sometimes you could bottle up a feeling and save it for a rainy day.  In my case, I would bottle up this past weekend.

IMG_6865

Good friends, a perfect view, yummy food and drinks, movies, and knitting.  What more could a girl ask for?

IMG_6863

IMG_6871
I think I've finally got the Uncle Frank hat worked out!  That is after frogging a good four inches on Friday evening.  Fortunately I had already had some sangria, so it made the frogging easier to deal with.

IMG_6873

Now I just need to write up the pattern and get it out to test knitters!

In the time it took me to knit, frog, and reknit the hat, SnBLeslie practically had her Just Enough Ruffles in BMFA LSS done! So pretty!

IMG_6869

And the wee baby frank socks are just about done!

IMG_6867

I didn't get to start my next project, but these gorgeous skeins of Plucky Primo Worsted are ready to be cast on.  Hopefully they captured a bit of the fabulous weekend too and will remind me of this refreshed feeling I feel tonight.

IMG_6870

So, are you refreshed on this Sunday evening or early Monday morning?  How was your weekend?
Happy New Week ahead!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

7 comments:

dianne said...

We had a weekend of NO commitments! It was kind of glorious. I read some, finished a pair of socks and started 2 more :-) As many UFO's that I have though, I really should be on the finish 2 start 1 plan :-)

dianne said...

LOVE the Uncle Frank hat! I have some men in my life that would enjoy that. I can't believe I forgot that in my last comment.

Discoknits said...

Working, even when you're not ;0) Glad you had a great weekend. Can't wait to see Frank :0)

Daphne said...

Love Frank- looks like fun knit.
Sunday worked on the endless 'twinings' shawl...almost finished first half

Zonda said...

Glad you had a good, sorta relaxing weekend! My SIL was up this weekend and my son comes home today for a week. :) House is closing in NC so house in AZ can move along ;) Love, love Uncle Frank! Would be perfect for my Uncle Sam. If you need another test knitter I have Plucky at the ready ;)

Caffeine Girl said...

Uncle Frank should be proud of the knitting patterns he inspired!

Looks like a great weekend. I'm leaving this on Friday, but I think last weekend was nice. It seems like a long time ago!

janetlangman said...

it made me laugh that you have taken pics of your iknits with the views of where you were! I tend to knit when I am on long car journeys - bit like Gromit

ShareThis