Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Fine Weekend Indeed

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  It was a pretty nice one around here.  It stopped raining so the doggies indulged me for pictures.  Beware, cuteness ahead...

Treats!

IMG_7873

IMG_7874

Bailey

IMG_7871

My sister made her delicious Irish Soda Bread! Heaven!  Perfect treat for after Corned Beef and Cabbage.

IMG_7880

Since the rain held off today, I thought I'd share a few more things from Stitches West. On the last day, I couldn't resist these two lovely skeins of Hazel Knits Artisan Sock.

IMG_7947

Woodlake and Hoppy Blonde. Fitting for St. Patrick's Day weekend too, don't you think? I just can't decide if they should be used together or not. I just love them together!

And probably my favorite purchase from Stitches, this needle case organizer from Namaste (available at The Loopy Ewe). OMG! I should have gotten this sooner!

IMG_7950

Finally. Organized.

My circular needle case had grown a bit unruly due to the many needles I have. SO then they just were thrown in a bag, at least the ones that no longer fit in the case. So traveling between my house and dad's I felt like a packrat if I wanted to bring my needles. Instead, they all now fit in this petite case?!?! I seriously love it!  There is even room for more!

Okay, I think I may need to go have one more piece of Soda Bread before I get back to healthy eating tomorrow!  Oh Monday, please be kind.

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I love your new Artisan Sock skeins, and they do look smashing together!

Audry said...

I almost picked up a skein of hoppy blonde too! It's such a pretty color.

Caffeine Girl said...

I am absolutely drooling over that yarn!

I have -- and love -- that needle case. It has worked really well for me.

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

I would use them together - they look amazing.

dianne said...

I love Hazel Knits! The artisan is a great sock yarn! And wow, do I love that circular case. My circs are out of control and that would be the perfect solution.

Anonymous said...

Question about the circular needle case - can you fit more than one needle in each compartment?
Like a size 2 16-inch, and a couple of 24-inch etc?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Anonymous...YES, the case expands a bit like and accordion file. I have multiple circs in each section and every section filled.

Zonda said...

Love the sock yarns. I agree you should knit something with both of them :) I've contempleted that case, good to know you can store more than one in the pockets. Would be nice to have mine in a smaller file. :) Hoping not much longer for you and them there crutches!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, this post is just full of so many awesome things (and pets!).

ShareThis