Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Forward!

Anyone else want that hour back?!  I know I do!  But I am looking forward to spring AND being home at an hour where there is still some sunshine to take pictures for the blog :)

Spring!

I finally had a chance to take some pictures of the yarn I bought at Stitches West from some of my favorite indie dyers....

STR heaven

Wait, I didn't buy all that!

IMG_7828

But these 3 pretties came home with me from Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

IMG_7833

Another pretty from Knitted Wit and the cute bag is from Maria of A Needle Runs Through It (be careful if you click those links..lots more pretty).

IMG_7835

This lovely skein of Miss Babs Northumbria BFL DK has already been swatched.  I love love love it!

IMG_7829

And this, this my friends is the first skein of lace weight yarn that I have purchased that is actually intended for a laceweight project.  The only laceweight I have in my stash are 4 skeins of Plucky cashmere, meant to be doubled for some cowls...  But this gorgeous skein from A Verb For Keeping Warm is hopefully destined for something special!

I have a few more skeins to share later this week.  The best part of Stitches though are the friends!  I didn't take my camera out enough but did catch a few with my phone.

Best Booth Babes Ever!

Debbi and Leianne were the best booth babes to hang out with :)  Seriously, love you both!!!  And Stephen too on Saturday and Sunday!

Friends!

And it was great to hang out at the bar after with Leslie and Celia.  Definitely missed seeing Disco and Erica though...maybe next year!!

Now must to bed....I lost an hour today and I just know it is going to bite me in the butt tomorrow morning!  Is it Friday yet?!!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

8 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, wow, I had to click over to see where you got that adorable bag! Does she ever have some cute things in her shop! I resisted for now, but favorited the shop. Thanks for the link.

dianne said...

Nice purchases! I love the bag you got, so cute with the doggies on it!

Sara said...

No jealousy here. Nope. Not a bit.

gMarie said...

Very pretty indeed! I hate Spring Forward - but the dogs love it because they get dinner before they think they are starving! g

Audry said...

For a moment I really thought you had all those skeins of yarn.

Maria said...

Thank you Carrie for linking to my shop! you're a doll.

Zonda said...

Beautiful yarns and cute bag! Well in AZ no DST....howevah...I had my phone alarm set on Mountain time, so instead of waking up at 5:30 am...yeah...you guessed it..it was 4:30 am :(

erica said...

i missed you too! maybe i'll be able to come to STITCHES next year. thanks for posting pics of the things i missed. very pretty!

ShareThis