Thursday, March 8, 2012

Holbrook

The bright side of knee surgery is that I've had a bit more time to knit.  Well, not counting that first week after therapy when the pain meds made me too sleepy.  That is how Holbrook came to be.  The idea was there since the first mystery sock clue was released in January.  Then at TNNA, I swatched and found the perfect yarn with Anzula's Dreamy yarn.

Once I finally cast on, this lovely shawl flew off the needles.  It is worked from the outside edging in, and then uses short rows for the crescent shape.

Holbrook

DSC_0021

We had such perfect luck on the day of the photo shoot.  A rainy February morning resulted in lovely weather in the afternoon at our neighborhood park, Holbrook Palmer Park. The blossoms served as a perfect backdrop for the shawl!

DSC_0074

DSC_0100

DSC_0092

holbrook12

I love how versatile this one is to wear.  I've been wearing it more like a scarf the past few days when it has been chilly, but I can see it draped more like a shawl as the weather warms up.

DSC_0016

Thayer, my gorgeous model, looked as lovely as ever and Tricia captured some great shots as usual!! This photo shoot was fun because there were some special friends there, as well as cute doggies, which I didn't take pictures of, but made the afternoon just perfect!

Thank you to Jill for doing another fabulous job on the pattern layout!

Holbrook Cover

I hope you all enjoy knitting this one as much as I did!  Jocelyn, my super speedy test knitter, worked her shawl up quicker than me! Thank you Jocelyn!!

I'm offering Holbrook at a special introductory price of $4.50 from now until Sunday, March 11, no coupon necessary!

Pattern:  Holbrook   

Suggested Yarns: ~ 385 yards heavier fingering weight yarn such as Anzula Dreamy, BMFA Socks that Rock mediumweight, Cephalopod Yarns Bugga!, A Verb for Keeping Warm Annapurna Cashmere Yarn, The Plucky Knitter Primo Sport

Gauge: 20 sts and 32 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch, after blocking

A perfect stash-buster for those single skeins of yarn, don't you think?!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

2 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

So pretty!! And look at those fabulous pink blossoms...ours are just beginning to appear!!

Happy weekend!! xo

Marcy said...

The shawl looks great. I love the pink yarn!

ShareThis