Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Can't Explain It

But I'll try.

First, I bought some yarn at Stitches West.

IMG_7842

This is not that yarn.  For a number of reasons, one of them which is I told myself I couldn't buy anymore blue or pink yarns.  This yarn is perfectly pink, so it must not be from Stitches.  Wait.  I did actually end up buying pink AND blue yarns, but it is still not from Stitches.

Second, this yarn did not arrive by itself.  Nope, it arrived with A LOT of other lovely Plucky Knitter yarn that I had pre-ordered back in January...I think just days after my knee surgery.  Hence, the pain meds-induced yarn splurge.  I don't remember ordering all that, but damn, I'm so glad I did.  It is just gorgeous!!  However, receiving it right after a weekend haul at Stitches...um...can anyone say yarn diet?  Commencing now.

Third, I don't have a new design on the needles and had planned to wind some yarn from Stitches intended for a new design.  I did actually do that last night.  But I couldn't keep thinking about my bag of pretty Plucky Knitter yarns that had arrived and so I wound that lovely skein of pink happiness.

And that is where I don't know what happened next.  Sure, I have a few baby showers coming up, but I wasn't expecting what happened next.

Something Pink

An amazingly quick new baby sweater design, featuring the motif from my Maryanne socks, suddenly appeared.  I think I cast on around 10pm last night.  And I'd finish it tonight if I could but I must go shopping with my sister.  I blame the new sport yarn that is just perfect.  Well, and the wee cuteness.

I mean the baby shower is still a few weeks away.  This just seems weird.  Efficient.  Timely.  Again, weird.

But I'm hooked!

Happy Saturday!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I so want in on that baby sweater........both my siblings-in-law are having babies this summer and while we know one is a girl, we don't know what the other one is (yet).

So...perhaps...maybe...

*sigh* I probably wouldn't get it done anyway.

Zonda said...

Oh I am loving that lil' sweater! Got lots of sport sitting around her ;) Not Plucky sport though
:( eeep sorry for the influx of blue yarn for you this week ;)

dianne said...

Holy Sweetness! I'm going o need to make one of those too for my sweet niece Morgan.

tapmouse said...

Awesome! I'll be waiting for that pattern! Quick baby knits are the best! By IrishGirlieKnits-even BETTER!

Discoknits said...

That is SO pretty :0) Nice job.

neknitsandbeads said...

Now can we twist your arm to publish this pattern soon? :-)

My sister is due in July and I'd love to knit this for her.

I'm also just ordered the yarn for your Sweet Baby Kate hat & socks. They are cute in their own right, however, since my sister's name is Katie they will go over big time!

gMarie said...

Adorable! My good friend is expecting her second grandchild any day now. Let me know if/when you need testers - please. g

Kaye said...

So cute!

Rani said...

Genius can strike at any time! Perfect. Perfectly pink!

ShareThis