Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Community

On the eve of Thanksgiving, I wanted to say I am just so grateful for this wonderful knitting community that we have.  I'm thankful for my friends, both old and new that I've met through knitting.  I'm thankful for this incredible and creative opportunity I have for designing that is because of so many of you.  From cheering on my designs, to test knitting them, to purchasing one of my patterns, or just clicking a heart on it on Ravelry, I am so grateful.

Speaking of community, I haven't had a chance to share the local designers' night that Nine Rubies hosted a few weeks ago.  Nine Rubies is one of my local yarn stores and I was so glad that they invited me back again this year.  The other local designers included Hillary Smith Callis and Romi Hill.

 9rubies1

9rubies2

9rubies3
 Photos courtesy of Tricia at CheekyAttitude

IMG_9377

It was so nice to meet and chat with knitters who enjoy my designs.

IMG_9374

Look, a Winter Wonder! Isn't it lovely on her!

IMG_9376

My mom stopped by since the store is not too far from home.  Thanks mom!

IMG_9385

And thank you Saloni and Sudha and your amazing staff for hosting such a lovely event!  Oh, and just to enable any of you locals a bit...they are having an awesome Black Friday sale (e.g., earlier you get there, more % off you get....I may just get up early and go, we'll see!!) and special sales for Small Business Saturday!  In addition to yarn, you may want to check these travel mugs out....love mine!

9rubies5

I'm also grateful for the lovely indie dyers that I've been fortunate enough to work with.  Some of those hush-hush knits I can finally share with you guys.  I love Woolgirl's kits and I always jump at the chance to design for one of them.  I recently designed for her Classic Writers Knitting Club and was paired with one of my fave indie dyers, The Plucky Knitter!  You all know I love love love Sarah's yarns.

IMG_9371

IMG_9370

Seriously love all the goodies Jen puts in her kits!  Here is my Sleepy Hollow design.

Sleepy Hollow 1

Sleepy Hollow 3

Sleepy Hollow 5

This one will be released to the general public in the spring.

I do have a design for another club that will be released next week..... Granlibakken!  I'll tell you lots more next week, but here are a few teaser pictures...

Granlibakken 4

Granlibakken 1

Members of Studio June's Shawl Club are receiving the pattern and yarn, Springy Sport, this week, but you can purchase the pattern next week.  Actually, you can take advantage of Studio June's Black Friday sale that is on now through the end of Nov. 23 and receive 25% off when you enter code GIVETHANKS at checkout- through Midnight EST on Friday.  You'll need 2 skeins of Spring Sport for the design...order now and you can be ready to cast on when the pattern is released next Wednesday!

And tomorrow, I'm thankful that I will finally have a new pattern to release.  The last few months have been tough on my designing schedule, but it is nice to know I'm going to have quite a number of patterns to release over the next few months :)  Remember this hat?

OlympicHat

Naylor Street

You've waited long enough....tomorrow it'll be released (check back here for details)!  And with a sale too!  I've started my after-Thanksgiving sale early....receive 25% off all of my Irish Girlie Knits Designs (excludes ones designed for BMFA or Kollage) from now until November 26.  All of my individual patterns AND collections are 25% off!  Just a small way for me to say THANK YOU to all of  you!!

IGK-ThanksSale12-GroupAd

Now time for bed.  Tomorrow there is cooking and eating and knitting to be done! Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

4 comments:

neknitsandbeads said...

Squeal! I can't wait to CO your new shawl pattern! I have the perfect non-wool yarn that have been waiting. How perfect!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful patterns--truly wonderful to knit!

dianne said...

Lots of wooly goodness! I love the new shawl and the hat :-) Happy Thanksgiving!

Renee Anne said...

One of my friends is trying to talk me into going to San Mateo for yarn...I just can't do it. She'll be there but we're driving down to San Jose for the Mythbusters exhibit.

ShareThis