Saturday, November 24, 2012

More Knitting

I love long weekends, especially when I don't really need to go anywhere.  It makes cleaning not so bad when you have a  few days off.  It allows time for blogging and knitting and adding projects to Ravelry!  Like this Naylor Street hat.  I finished it this summer and I'm just now getting around to adding it to ravelry.  My sis was kind enough to model it for me at Thanksgiving dinner.

IMG_9543

IMG_9546

IMG_9547

 Yarn: Madelinetosh Vintage, colorway Fragrant

I've been working on my Cotty mitts this weekend while enjoying tea out of my new Jennie the Potter mug.  One done in STR mediumweight and the other in progress in Plucky Knitter Primo Worsted.

IMG_9557

I resisted the Black Friday sales yesterday.  I was tempted by some of the yarn store ones, but who am I kidding.  I still have lots of yarn!  And upon cleaning, found a few more skeins that I haven't put away yet.

IMG_9561

IMG_9562

I can't wait to try the new Plucky Knitter Bulky yarn.

IMG_9559

I fell in love with Studio June's Springy Sport when designing Granlibakken.  I think either of these would make lovely Naylor St. hats, but I'm thinking of using them together.  We'll see.  FYI, Studio June extended her Black Friday sale through Cyber Monday.  Receive 25% off when you enter code GIVETHANKS at checkout.  You'll need 2 skeins of Spring Sport for the design...order now and you can be ready to cast on when the pattern is released next Wednesday!

Another finished project was my Go Giants World Series Cowl!  When we were at SOAR, I knew I wanted to knit an orange cowl during the World Series and fell in love with Floating, a 70% Superfine Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% cashmere fingering weight yarn, from A Verb for Keeping Warm.  It is a little bit of heaven and the Thai Iced Tea colorway was just perfect!   I doubled it and make a Comfort Food cowl.

Giants Comfort Food

Alpaca Silk Heaven

Don't forget my Irish Girlie Knits Designs After-Thanksgiving Holiday sale is still going through Monday, Nov. 26!  Receive 25% off any of my patterns or collections...no coupon necessary!

IGK-ThanksSale12-GroupAd

Please feel free to add any other holiday sales that your favorite etsy or yarn dyers are having in the comments :)  And if you are looking for gifts for the knitters in your life, definitely check out Kate from Hello Knitty's gift guide for knitters.  It covers just about everything!

The rest of my weekend is going to include some baking, knitting, catching up on my grad school class (ugh!), working out, and most importantly, watching the Fightin' Irish beat USC!!!  Go Irish!!  Really hoping to keep that #1 ranking!!!  We haven't been number one since I was a sophomore at Notre Dame!

What are you guys up to?  Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

GO IRISH!!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

3 comments:

dianne said...

You are having an amazing weekend! So many gorgeous knits to share with us too. The World Series Cowl looks so soft and cozy.
We're doing lots of relaxing this weekend. We took all the boys and their girls out to dinner last night and a movie too. Hockey jamboree today and lots of college football viewing. (I currently have a 52" tv AND a 70" tv in my living room so the boys can watch multiple games! It's a little ridiculous!)

Happy Weekend!

Zonda said...

Those Cotty's mitts look interesting! Love your cowl, looks so soft! BTW! Have yarn wound and ready to cast on a Naylor St. Hat ASAP I can't wait to use my Plucky bulky either.

As for me, busy working job 1 and glad I have the next 2 days off for knitting & spinning. Still have to work job 2 though.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the pattern sale!!
Love your blog!

ShareThis