1. 49ers are going to the Super Bowl!
2. Being a SF Giants fan, Notre Dame alum, and a 49er faithful this year!! World Series Champs, making it to the BCS, and now the Super Bowl, I can't complain :) I think though Mimi is up there pulling some strings this year!
3. Blocking. It is magic. I purposely chose this stitch pattern because I wanted more lace, more openness. This was enhanced even more after blocking....I'm in love with this one.
4. Test knitters. Seriously, without them, I don't know what I would do. Thank you ladies. You know who you are.
5. New, or more like reformatted, and slightly new, designs.
I added a slouchy hat version to the Blackberry Brambles Hat and Cowl Set. This new set is knit out of Fyberspates Scrumptious Aran, and it is just that. So lovely!
Special thank you to Leslie for sharing her awesome smile, and to Tricia for capturing it so well!
And Jill for the pattern layout. I've been keeping Jill busy all week with TNNA prep....more on that later! Thanks Jill.
Blackberry Brambles is on sale for $4.50 through February 4, 2013!
6. Gorgeous new yarn that supports a good cause. I've been meaning to try Fleur de Fiber Yarns, dyed by a wonderful sock camper friend, Angela, and her fundraiser for a family affected by the Sandy Hook tragedy was a good reason to try. She's continuing the fundraiser through the end of January, check out her etsy shop.
Plus, she included tea with the yarn. Talk about perfect :) The lovely skein on the right is a laceweight seacell rayon and silk blend that I am just dying to cast on. Colorway Clover, of course.
7. A new KAL in the IGK Ravelry Group. Come cast on a Naylor Street hat or Cotty Fingerless gloves! Both patterns are on sale through February 4th too. Disco has already finished hers!
8. Reading blogposts by some of my favorite blogging friends who are getting back into the swing of blogging. I love it! Keep it up Disco, Tapmouse, Cockeyed, Cupcakefaerie, SnBLeslie, and Knittinggolfer. Anyone else back on the blogging train that I missed, let me know!
9. Time off work for studying for my boards test next week. So much studying to do, but at least I'm not working, right?!
10. Empty knitting needles. Not exactly a good thing, but I really don't want any projects to distract me from studying right now. So I'm thinking to maybe cast on something mindless to keep my fingers busy for the next 6 days while I study...suggestions? Toasty Mitts? Melody Scarf (but that cast on may require too much concentration)? I'm thinking maybe plain vanilla socks for dad? Help...
11. Downton Abbey. Yes.
What good things are happening with you guys? I want to hear...a girl has to take a few study breaks, right?