Thursday, July 24, 2008

Woolgirl + Neuroknitter = Too Much FUN!


A celebrity sighting??!! That's right! That's Abby of Woolgirl and Abby fame!! She is just as cute in person as she is on the blog!! And so is Woolgirl, but you'll just have to trust me on that one!
When Gail and Jen and I decided to meet at Jen's house (aka where the Woolgirl magic happens!) before we went to lunch on my trip to Portland I was a happy happy girl!!

Abby



I think most of you know that second to Tina, Jen is my other favorite dealer! Thank goodness Christy was with me in case I passed out or something from all the yarn fumes (hehehehe...I jest of course!).


Woolgirl Socks


To be honest, I was also a bit intimidated taking pictures with Gail around :) I LOVE her photography! And so I apologize Jen that these quick snapshots do not do the yarn room justice (plus my arms were full....hehehehehe!)



Woolgirl Heaven


Look at all the lovelies!!



More Woolgirl Heaven

Yes, I took home some Miss Babs!

(no everyone! Those are not my bins !!!)






My creation


These were a few of the pretties that jumped in my bag! I'd seen the Posh before, but the colors were so much more vivid in person; the Yarn Love Marianne Dashwood...wow! I had never seen before and love love love!! And the Dashing Dachs sportweight colors and yardage can't be beat!! Oh, and more Miss Babs! So many indie yarns that I had never seen in person!! And I also got Snowboarder a souvenir here! He's always stealing my Lush soaps and Jen has so many cool accessories in stock (those yummy free samples!) that once I saw the Naiad soaps in person, wow! I knew he would love these!!


Monkey Sighting

But the best part of the day was finally spending some quality time with Gail and Jen! Christy and I had the best time knitting, laughing and hanging out with them!! As evidenced by Gail's Yarnissima pose for her Moody Blues Monkey socks! It was hard not to steal them away from her! And if only the other picture I took with the guy in the background just staring at us didn't come out blurry!! I can't wait to see you all again in September!! I had such a great day!!

Just as I'm almost done catching up on my Portland trip (one more yummy berry recipe post coming someday!), now I'm headed to San Diego with Rowan, Boondock Saint (brother), Lil Guy's mom, and Lil Guy! Should be lots of fun!! The condo has wi-fi so I may be checking in!!

Happy Knitting!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy moly! That's some lovely yarn!

Wool Girl said...

We had so much fun spending the afternoon with you and Christy too! Abby says hello!

Knitting Kris said...

Lovely yarn! I love Woolgirl! Her shop is fabulous, and she's very sweet and generous with the extra goodies! I just got a package of stuff from her last week.
And her sock club rocks! :)

kasiaiscarly said...

jealous!!

Bezzie said...

Woah, look at that wall of yarn! And more single-socks!!! Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

i think it's actually good that we live on different coasts. if we lived closer, i'd want to go to all the fibery places you visit. then rent wouldn't get paid. hahahaha that wall was BEAUTIFUL!! and of course puppeh is precious

Anonymous said...

So exactly what do you do? Are you traveling to all these cool yarn places as part of your job or are you in a constant vacation mode?
I was going to return my Yarn Love Marianne Dashwood Friendship sock from Woolgirl but seeing that you also have that yarn, will you let me know when you are going to knit that so we can have a KAL?

Discoknits said...

Wow, Jen has almost as much yarn as you ;0p

But seriously, imagine having yarn as wallpaper?! Prettiest room ever, or what.

So, you are travelling the West coast this year, from top to bottom. Will next year be the year of the East Coast?

Have fun in Sandy Ego :0)

Kelly said...

Wow! How did you stay upright amidst all that luscious yarn?

Zonda said...

Wow! Talk about a wall o'yarn!! I would have been in fibery heaven, not wanting to leave!!

Unknown said...

It's amazing you came back at all with all that gorgeous yarn staring you in the face. ;)

Have a lovely trip south!

Neuroknitter said...

Jen and I had a blast with you and Christy! I'm anxiously counting down the days to Flock and Fiber!!

Great post!! Darling pic of Abby! I really like the mosaic image of the yarn!

Isn't that wall of yarn amazing! Heady stuff that Woolgirl!!

peaknits said...

Your fun travels continue - the wall of yarn made me swoon, I need to put a washcloth on my forehead;) Gorgeous Monkey sock too!

CiCi and CAJtalk said...

really nice,,,,:DD

weezalana said...

OMG, if I'd seen all that indie sock yarn in one place, I *would* have passed out! With a big, huge smile on my face!

Scrabblequeen said...

Ohmygosh! How do you control yourself in these places? Or do you? I'd want everything, but then I'd never have time to knit it all..sigh. Enjoy your trip south.

Anonymous said...

You really know how to appreciate the yarn. :) Cute sock!

hearthead said...

That was such an awesome day! I was in awe over Jen's wall 'o yarn! Awesome place! I wish you had the full picture of Gail with her leg up in the air, I laughed so hard it hurt! You'll have to come back soon so we can do it again!

Auntie Pudentaine said...

I didn't comment on the Spring Forward socks, but I have to tell you that they are amazing...as are the Monkeys. I just love that pattern!!

Have a blast in SD and enjoy family time!

Dawn said...

OOOOOh woolgirl! I'm jealous.

ShareThis