Monday, July 28, 2008

Greetings from San Diego!

Saturday and Sunday we spent at the Wild Animal Park and then the San Diego Zoo. Lots and lots of animals! And walking. The weather has been perfect and Lil' Guy is having a blast!

IMG_5639

His favorite thing to do is either point to show you everything or say hi to everything! Too cute!

IMG_5670

IMG_5675

IMG_5688
I loved the panda bears and this koala bear I just wanted to take home. So cute sleeping away in the trees! I could go on and on with the animal photos, but we still have Sea World to do on Wednesday and this is a knitting blog, right? (I might sneak a few more in....we'll see!)

Socks on Vacation

Lil' Guy helping Auntie out with the socks on vacation practice for Summer of Socks! Oh yes, I kept suggesting to my brother to take pics of the socks everywhere, especially crowded places. He loved that! Luckily, no one was near us when we snapped this!

Watermelon Socks

Watermelon Socks


And lookie! Today they are finished. We walked around Coronado Island today and these were taken at Hotel del Coronado (not our hotel, unfortunately!). Hearthead is going to love these socks!

Pair #4 for Summer of Socks '08

Pattern:
Vanilla with a picot edge :)

Yarn: Zen String Serendipity Sport color Strawberry Fields.... can I just say I loved this yarn!! I think this was a Woolgirl purchase last year, but it may have been a Twisted purchase. Christy picked out the Zen String for her first socks to make in Portland so I actually knit with it the first time a few weeks ago and loved it! So glad I had a few skeins in my stash!
Date Started: July 21, 2008
Date Finished: July 27, 2008


Tomorrow Aunties are on full babysitting duty all day! Woo-hoo!!

IMG_5700

Which pretty much means we'll be chasing after Lil' Guy! Thank goodness he's cute!

Happy Knitting!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

24 comments:

Bezzie said...

Cute overload!! Little Guy, pandas AND koalas??? The trifecta!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are certainly pumping out those socks! And the little guy is ADORABLE. Have fun and put on your running shoes!!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Wait - in the first pic you still have to finish the sock. You mean you finished that sock before you left the zoo? That's awesome.

Brena said...

Wow, starting my day with Bloglines was a good idea today. How could I not have a happy day with all the cuteness I just saw. Little guy looks like such a joy to be around.

Unknown said...

cute socks, cute nephew..I am leaving for San Diego Saturday..can't wait

Turtle said...

Lol i agree with bezie, well said "cute overload!"

Anonymous said...

Love the San Diego zoo! All your photo's are making me want to go back.

Little guy is adorable and the socks are so fun. Great colors!

Thanks for the tip about Twisted. I stopped in last weekend and picked up a couple things myself. I got to talking with the staff and they remembered you. :)

Anonymous said...

Lil' guy is adorable! What a fun day. Love that zoo! Great socks too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! We were lucky enough to live in Coronado until October of this year. I want to go back! My oldest is there visiting some friends right now and got to stay in one of the Beach cottages at the Del. Lucky kid!

Zonda said...

He's such a cutie!! Wow, I'd have wanted to take home the Panda and Koala bear! Love those socks!! Just in time too...bye..off to knit mine ;)

tapmouse said...

Finished socks and looking GOOD! I went to school in San Diego, so the sites are all so familiar to me! I miss the Hotel Del...

cupcakefaerie said...

Wow! Another pair of socks completed. You're awesome! If I hadn't been your roomy at sock camp, I would be convinced that you don't need any sleep. And, thanks for sharing your vacation.

weezalana said...

Cute all over! The socks, the tot, and the animals, too! Although it looks like that first panda sure is getting to know that log awfully well...

Lisa said...

Panda's are my favorite!!

Yvonne said...

Love the koala, he looks like a toy! I'm sure you'll have great fun with little guy!

hearthead said...

I was with Deb last night who said, "Weren't Carrie's pictures Beautiful? That koala one looked professional!" I said,"I couldn't see anything but my socks!" Thank you!!!!!

peaknits said...

What a great trip to the zoo - love that koala picture!! And those socks - those socks! I love the colorway!

Unknown said...

Wow! A post-load of cute & pretty goodness!

Love it all!

Scrabblequeen said...

Your vacation looks great, as does your knitting. I just dropped by to let you know you've won a Brilliante Blog award. Congrats! Come on by to check for the details.

SissySees said...

Visiting from Ruth's blog, so congrats on your award. Lovely photos, and love the colorway of those socks!

Jessica said...

Aw, pandas! LOVE the koala picture! I like the socks, very strawberry lemonade summery! Little Guy is totally cute.

cpurl17 said...

Extreme cuteness!

I love San Diego. When I was in elem school, we lived there and the koalas were my favorite (and Shamu, of course)!!

Unknown said...

Total cute overload. That Koala is so adorable. I just want to pet their noses!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun day. Your socks turned out great, but how did you like wearing wool socks though in San Diego weather? A little warm?

ShareThis