Friday, August 1, 2008

Sea World

I couldn't resist a few more pictures from our San Diego trip! These were all taken on our last day, Wednesday, at Sea World!


Sea World



More Sea World



The Whales

Yes, I snuck in a quick sock picture at the whale show! I finished the toe of my Trickle sock!

Trickle

Sock #1, only because I got distracted by my February Sweater and then Summer of Socks! I finished the last few inches on the trip. Still loving this pattern but I don't think Sock #2 will be finished until after Ravelympics (I'm going to try to make another sweater!!).

Oh, wait. Did you all see any new yarn purchases in those pictures? Nope. Nada. We even drove past a sign in Old Town San Diego that said "Yarn" and we didn't even stop! Of course, I fell down today and joined the Sundara Seasons club (she re-opened it!). What is that saying, one step forward, two steps back?

Happy Friday!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

13 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

bad influence. . .i'm trying to resist signing up!!

Bezzie said...

Ha ha, I like the Trickle socks at Seaworld! Looks like Little Guy had a fun time. If we had stayed in San Antonio longer--I would have definately hit SW!

Neuroknitter said...

I love your Trickle sock! Just lovely!

Your zoo pics are great! What a blast you must've had! I heart the polar bear :)

knittingknirvana said...

Looks like you had a blast at Sea World. Isn't Sea World the best? I had no idea that Cookie Monster lives at Sea World. With all that fur I never would have guessed that he is a swimmer. Who knew????

peaknits said...

aw, cookie monster! Your sock is gorgeous! I am thinking about Sundara - maybe getting a second season - I heard a great rationalization - someone suggested they could save on shipping by getting multiple seasons - and it beats waiting (and losing out) on updates - I might adopt the theory - love that!

Unknown said...

Nice job on the sock and on not buying yarn! Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

You are a master enabler. I signed up for the Autumn club.

Love the sock. The color is fantastic and it looks like a really interesting knit.

hearthead said...

Looks like you had a great trip! I wish I got to pet a dolphin. Cute sock. You'll be proud of me, I am working on the foot now!

weezalana said...

Lil' Guy always looks like he's having so much fun! Such a happy kid!

LOVE those Trickle Socks! Looks like the Blue Moonstone colorway, too, which I also love!

tapmouse said...

OMG! Check you out and your FO! No Sundara for me-you know why! But awesome for you to go for it!

Rani said...

OOooooh FUN! I love that town (used to live there)!!

What a pretty pretty sock - can you knit without looking at it? How did you knit and watch the show?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! Beautiful socks!

Lisa said...

I had to read your blog and see that Sundara opened her Seasons club. Of course I got sucked in during a moment of weakness. Thanks! I got the Winter...what did you get?

ShareThis