Friday, August 29, 2008

YPF: The Late Night Edition

Before we jump to the yarn pron, yippee! A desperately needed 3-day weekend! I had a tough week recovering from the ravelympics (e.g., cleaning things that hadn't been cleaned due to non-stop knitting, actually cooking food again) and now that the end of summer is drawing to an end my one project of organize/redecorate our craft/gym/extra room must be done this weekend! In complete contrast to last weekend, I've vowed to put down the needles for the weekend to organize that room (with the exception of hopefully making it to Purlescence for knitting on Sunday for a couple of hours).

Hopefully, I will find a pretty spot to display my new yarn in the newly organized craft room (oh, and btw, it used to be an all-purpose...ummm...storage/junk room...so craft room/gym would equal heaven!). Because this yarn is gorgeous......

IMG_5963

IMG_5964

This color is already gone at Woolgirl, but there are lots of other pretties there!

IMG_5969

This color just screams fall to me. Any one else ready for the leaves to start changing?

IMG_5967

Well, I had to get something for Snowboarder. Winter is coming. This is Tosh Worsted in Graphite (won't it make a pretty Koolhaas?).

IMG_5968

And you know that Woolgirl with her extra goodies! Look at these yummy new colors of Miss Babs! So so so so tempting!!

Is it fall yet?

Happy Weekend!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

22 comments:

Stacey said...

Pretty stuff!

My craft room is also my gym as well :)

Marisol said...

Love it!!!! That ginger and graphite are ggggorgeous indeed!

Off to get my grubby hands on some graphite for the DH:)

Bezzie said...

Oh I'm ready! Bring on the snow!

Very fallish colors!

weezalana said...

Oooo, prettypretty! I am SO ready for fall. Too bad it's still hitting the 90s down here! :(

Unknown said...

Pretty, pretty!

I'm so ready for fall too and glad for the 3-day weekend.

cupcakefaerie said...

If you run out of space in your newly organized craft gym, and need to destash, I'll take the Madtosh Ginger off your hands :) xoxo

Discoknits said...

LOVE the ginger. And so proud of your continued destashing. Go Carrie.

I hope one day you'll take pics of ALL your BMFA and put it on your Ravelry stash page :0)

sheepish one said...

bad, bad blogger. you're so influencing!!
the fact that woolgirl is out of ginger is probably a very good thing for my pocketbook. but for me, it's those sample skeins that are hard to turn away from.
good luck on the organizing!

Mari said...

Ahem, didn't know leaves on palm trees change color........
But all kidding aside, that ginger color is awesome!!!!

cockeyed said...

...is this room big enough for all of your pretty stuff?

Batty said...

The Ginger is gorgeous, but I'm oohing and aahing over the Graphite. Oh, that's just beautiful.

peaknits said...

Gorgeous ginger - can't wait to see what that will become! And a Koolhaas for sure - It will be fabulous!

Scrabblequeen said...

You're right! It is gorgeous yarn. I AM ready for the leaves to change but that's never gonna happen here before October is well under way. Just happy we dipped under 100 finally.

Lindsay said...

Craft/Gym rooms rock. It's much, much better than it being that room where all the stuff that I don't otherwise know what to do with is thrown. The Ginger is a great color! It's perfect for some change-of-season knitting.

Unknown said...

Those really are perfect for fall!

Zonda said...

Oh...that is gorgeous!! Go you on the room!

NatRed2 said...

Love the new yarn and your sweater turned out great- sadly my scarf did not cross the finish line.

I am tagging you for two memes

(blame Dawn not me...LOL)

Neuroknitter said...

That Ginger is gorgeous!! Oh yum!

In my little book of rules...you know the one, right? Fall starts on September 1...just cuz' their my rules! And YES!!! I'm ready, ready, ready for Fall and leaves!! Bring it on!!!

Happy almost Fall!! :)

Janet Richards said...

I always enjoy stalking your stash additions in Ravlery - you pick such lovely yarns :) Great p0rn today!

hearthead said...

I really like the graphite. So great to talk to you. I am so excited!!! :)

Auntie Pudentaine said...

You cause me more yarn shopping than anyone I know!! That ginger is amazing!!

Good for you with all the completing. I have been busy doing all the home stuff and now I finally have time to knit again. I think we have flip flopped our summer tasking :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous yarns! Absolutely gorgeous! I'm working on my craft/office room right now also. Good luck to us!

ShareThis