Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WIP Wednesday: The Craft Gym Edition

Two girls...lots of crafts..and a treadmill. Thank goodness for a 3-day weekend. I wouldn't say its completely done, but boy its at least no longer a junk/storage room!! Just a few finishing touches here and there still needed (our sister-in-law will be down this weekend, she rocks at that!).


IMG_6014

The dresser and "pub table" were awesome finds at the local consignment center!

IMG_6015

Love the green hutch too...consignment center! And we already had the baskets!

IMG_6017

Had to have Rosie in the craft room! And one of my favorite postcards from LittleMy! And the little yarn stash, I suggested to Rowan that it be just a few seasonal decoration colors (she rolled her eyes and said whatever).


IMG_6019

Maybe now that my sewing machine isn't hidden away I'll try to make friends with it! I mean look at that stash (oh, yeah, that stash in the drawer rocks too!).

IMG_6020

Really only one drawer has some favorite sock yarn. One or two others have all our card/scrapbooking supplies (remember, two girls, lots of crafts....). My sister has already called one of our friends and invited her over for craft day!

IMG_6021

I even found some of the cards we made (I won't tell you what part of the closet these were buried in!).

Yay for organization!! But I really missed knitting my socks this past weekend!!

Happy Crafting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

23 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, now what you need to do is sit on your exercise ball when you're sewing like my mom does. She's nuts!

Anonymous said...

looks like you're rediscovering other crafts. so am i. i went to the fair and was inspired by the quilting!

chemgrrl said...

Ooo, I love that dresser. Your crafting/gym looks great!

Yvonne said...

Wow, it looks amazing! I'm jealous.

knittingknirvana said...

It looks great! Love your consignment finds!

Blanche Knits in DC said...

Oh I love that! All od the furniture is great... And that would be what my crafts would look like... a little bit of everything :)

Rebel said...

I love it! Very organized! the baskets are pretty too.

cockeyed said...

...do you hire out? I need help with my "room"!!!

Neuroknitter said...

I used to do the rubberstamp/card thing, too!!! We would have stamping parties and I would get so overwhelmed I would just knit!! LOL!!

Your craft room looks great!! Love the pub table! Now, I'm inspired to clean up my wool room...I just don't have the discipline to put the knitting down...sigh.

Perhaps you could come back to PDX and help Cockeyed and me get our rooms together--I bet we know just how to bribe you!! ;)

hearthead said...

I am so proud of you! It looks very beautiful and inviting! Great finds on the furniture. Way to go girls!

Discoknits said...

Wow, the furniture is gorgeous. Love the pub table especially. I really think you need a small tv next to your sewing machine - you can watch while you power walk on the treadmill. 'Cause, like, you're really going to enjoy looking at the white wall in front of you!
Please open the rockin' drawer and take a photo. Pleeeeeeeeease?
Great job on tidying up. Very proud of you gals :0)

Rocky said...

Great organization! Don't you love having your area for the crafty things? I just love my office, but it's still in progress of getting organized.

Anonymous said...

Fun craft room!

weezalana said...

Lookit you and Zonda, getting your craft room on! Love the consignment furniture!

I had an intense but brief affair with scrapbooking several years ago. Now a mountain of paper, stickers, and misc. album/cutting supplies are stacked in the closet for possible eBaying. Let's hope the sewing affair (which just began and is off to a, um, rocky start) lasts longer, 'cause machines are a lot heftier! :P

Anonymous said...

What a great room! Now if you can invent a way to knit and exercise at the same time you'll be rich too!

Zonda said...

Looks great! Hehe..now if you could sew while you walk, think of the stuff you could do LOL! I spy that fabric stash too, nice!

Knitting Kris said...

I'm confused........where's the yarn? :)

Rani said...

I WANT A CRAFT ROOM! I WANT A OLD GREEN HUTCH!!! Wah. I'm am feeling so disorganized and lazy...

Anonymous said...

Looks great!It's so nice to have a comfortable space.

Batty said...

I want a craft room, and instead, we'll be buying a smaller place when this one sells. But I want, I want, I want! I love your craft room/gym combo.

Rani said...

By the way, you've just been awarded an Arte y Pico award by MOI!

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Isn't it a great feeling to get things organized? I should know, I'm in the middle of mine last night.

Macoco said...

The room looks great and that is a fantastic hutch!

ShareThis