Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WIP Wednesday: The What Was I Thinking Edition

I'm still alive, but barely! If I can get through the rest of this week at work, I'll be good. Kids starting back to school, always a crazy busy time of year for me at work. Of course, the Olympics end this weekend and although all I think I want to do this weekend is catch up on sleep, I'm going to try and finish at least one of my Ravelympics Projects. The question is...

Which one?? Which one do I stand a chance at finishing?!




Can she finish the sockput?

No, that's not the same picture from last week. I knit 6 or 7 more rows on it. First sock.



Wicked

And here's Wicked. Just a quickie picture, excuse the bad lighting, etc. I didn't even split the sleeves until late Monday night. I finished the first of two skeins yesterday, so I'm halfway done. To finish this, I would need to do the short sleeves, finish the body, and then the pocket. I'm going with the pocket version. Do we all think that will look okay? I didn't do a pocket on the first one and I thought it was a bit plain. Thoughts?

Okay, back to my deadline knitting. I think the Ravelympics deadline is on Beijing time, so I have until Sunday morning I think. Do I challenge myself and sprint towards the finish on the sweater? Can I finish it though? If I stopped working on the sweater I could definately finish the socks. My other thought was work like mad on the sweater until Friday night and then decide. I think I could finish 1 1/2 socks on Saturday (no plans for Saturday, none, nada) if the sweater is not looking close.

Now if there had been a destash decathalon, I would have won that! I've done tons of destashing the past two weeks.....still some left here though.

Okay, gotta get knitting!! Miss you all!!

Go Team Blue Moon!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

16 comments:

tapmouse said...

GO, GIRLIE!!! I say if you can finish the socks in one day, go for dat sweater!!!

As for the destash, la-la-la, I'm not listening!!!-lol! (Yeah, I peeked. Yeah, I was tempted. Yeah, I remember I have no money! 'cept the $ for Cupcake Fairy!)

Knitting Kris said...

Oh, go for the gold, and finish both! I love the sweater, and did order some STR heavyweight in that colorway. I'm hoping for a Feb lady sweater with it, but who knows when I'll actually knit it. But I just loved the color of your sweater here! Hope you don't mind!
Knit on!

Yvonne said...

There's probably about the same number of stitches left in both (maybe slightly less in the socks?) so go with whichever one you love more!

Discoknits said...

THE SWEATER. Come on IGK, you know you can do it.

Don't forget to sleep though.

Oh, and destash, of course. Well done on that too :0)

Unknown said...

I vote sweater too. You can definitely knock out the socks this weekend as it's a fast pattern Yeah, I know, I knit the small size, but still...

Hmmm, not sure about the pocket, so I had to check chemgrrl's (1 r? 2 r's?) Backstabber one & I think she did one. Hers is my all time fav. Then again, pockets in that area are always tricky.

cockeyed said...

...get on with that sweater! And great job on the destashing! Gives me a good idea.......

Neuroknitter said...

Sweater, then pull an all nighter and do the socks! Sleep is overrated. Just Knit! :)

weezalana said...

Were you planning on doing the short sleeves anyway? If so, then I say go for sweater gold, baby! If you wanted to make it with long sleeves, then I'd go for the socks!

Unknown said...

I say go for the sweater. You can totally do that! But socks just never seem to go quickly for me.

Shameka said...

I just happened to come across your blog while browsing. I am working on the Wicked sweater and a sock too. I just turned the heel on my sock, and am making them 2 at a time. You are a lot further along in your sweater than I am, and yes I do feel that a pocket is necessary. I still have hope that I can make it, so go ahead girl. Don't give up. Your sweater looks gorgeous. I am sure you didn't have as much false starts as I did.

hearthead said...

I know you can finish them both, especially since Michael won't be on anymore, you don't have to look up at the screen! Hang in there!
:)

Susan said...

I say the sweater, too. I think Wicked is a pretty fast knit. You just might surprise yourself with both completed!

NatRed2 said...

I am hearing your pain!! I am in a similar boat...I think even if I spend the entire day today (which I pretty much have- this is just a blog break) I don't think I will be able to finish.
Yikes!!!

Go Girlie Go!!!

Anonymous said...

Obviously I'm too late to give my opinion, but whichever you chose, they will be beautiful!

Go, go, go!

Jo said...

I love the dark colours in Wicked - vrey pretty.

Anonymous said...

What are you doing blogging? Knit knit knit! :)

ShareThis