Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WIP Wednesday: Rockin' the Ravelympics Edition

Probably not as far along as I'd hoped, but with one gold medal already (yay for those quick baby booties!), I'm pacing myself (yeah, right! Just trying to stay positive here!).


valkyrie

In the Sockput Event, my Sweet Tarts sock in STR lightweight Valkyrie. I cast these on during the Opening Ceremonies. Love love love this pattern. I'm making the cuff/leg a bit longer than the pattern calls for (its at 4" now, I want it to be 5"). This is one of the Rockin' Sock Club July patterns and I love it in the raven colorway. It was hard to put these down, but I needed to start focusing on ...

WickedRocks
...the Sweater Sprint. Also know as, what was I thinking? I started this Sunday and am making pretty good progress. I'm using BMFA Twisted in Thraven. I just love this yarn and the colorway is perfect for the sweater I think. I'm going to keep plugging away on this as much as I can! I'm about halfway through the increases.


Once these two projects are complete (hahahaha), I'll attempt the WIP Wrestling and finish off my Trickle socks!! Thank goodness there's more Michael Phelps to watch!


Random Irishgirlie Olympics side story (and hey, some eye candy!). This newspaper article is still on our fridge from four years ago. Snowboarder and I will get back together after the Olympics (shhh!).


No really. My boyfriend.

Happy Olympics!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

18 comments:

Zonda said...

Hehe..looking good..oops I mean your projects...sorry go you! Congrats on 1 medal though..I'm trying! :)

Anonymous said...

holy CRAP are phelps' arms long!!! his sisters and mother were so cute cheering him on.

anyway, your works in progress look fab as always :-P

Bezzie said...

I dunno. Phelps is a little young. It's all the younger brothers I have--it makes oggling younger guys seem dirty.

But beautiful sweater--can't wait to see that done!

cockeyed said...

...get to work on your olympic projects and stop stalking my boyfriend....

hearthead said...

Projects are looking fantastic! My kids are convinced you are going to marry Michael Phelps! Super Sexy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at you go! Very inspiring. Glad you're on Team Blue Moon.

Unknown said...

Go, Irishgirlie, go!

Had fun yesterday w/one of our blogless knitting buddies who is late to the Michael Phelps love train. Hee.

Unknown said...

Thraven is making a really nice sweater. You're making good progress. Keep it up!

Scrabblequeen said...

LOL...You go ahead and LOOK girl! It won't hurt anybody one bit. The knitting is looking good, too.

sgeddes said...

Looks great! I love the new version of wicked! I might have to do another one too. I love the sock too - I'm off to find that pattern.

Neuroknitter said...

Love the Michael Phelps picture!!! :)

Your projects look great! The Sweet Tart socks look fab in the Raven yarn!!

You go girl!! Knit on!!!

p.s. does using the word "fab" date me...? Don't answer. Oy.

Anonymous said...

Your WIPs are fantastic! I can't wait to see them when you finish.

I noticed last night that when Michael Phelps swims, I knit much faster! My knitting needs him to swim several hours a day.

Anonymous said...

stay focused! these olympics are killing me...staying up WAY past my bedtime to watch...but good company for my needles! gymnastics and phelps make for good tv!

Kathleen said...

I love that sockput pattern!

Ummm...I never hard of Phelps till I read about him here...hmmm...

weezalana said...

Go Carrie go! You can do eeeet!

Unlike Bezzie, I have a younger brother and yet, have no problem ogling younger guys. :D

tapmouse said...

OMG but you are nuts! GO TEAM BLUE MOON!!!

Rani said...

He is so fun to watch! I can't believe he gave away that gold swim to a friend. Wow. What a man.

I LOVE that sock your working on. Cool pattern, cool color.

Good luck finishing all your Ravelympic projects - game on!

Anonymous said...

Any medal is good, right? Keep on going!

ShareThis