Friday, October 3, 2008

A Cold Winter's Night


IMG_6136

I tried so very hard to resist the call of the Monkeys. So many socks on my needles already.

acoldwinter'snight

I have a hard enough time when looking at Neuroknitter's pictures of hers. So imagine my weakness when I'm with her in person, yarn shopping no less, and she even lets me borrow her needles, encouraging me to cast on. I wound the yarn by hand last Friday night and finished them while I was waiting for my sister to pick me up from the airport Monday night. I so love this pattern! I'm ready to cast on another!

IMG_6140

Pattern: Monkey

Yarn: Dashing Dachs, Dach Sox: Sport Superwash Merino from Woolgirl colorway Rufus (but it reminded us of A Cold Winter's Night)

This was my first time trying this yarn and I loved it! I especially loved all the different changes in color, so rich. And they are even softer now that they have been soaked :)

Happy Socktoberfest!!!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

23 comments:

Kathleen said...

Your socks turned out so nicely! I've been oogling Neuroknitter's Calico socks for the last several days...

Neuroknitter said...

Oh IGK!! Those socks are so gorgeous!!! They are the perfect Monkey sock!! I'm so glad that you got that yarn!!! Stunning!!

Scrabblequeen said...

Love, love, love that color. The socks are nice too. What kind of tea did they enjoy?

Knitting Kris said...

Lovely socks! That colorway is just gorgeous! Perfect for Monkeys, which I've yet to knit as well!

Bezzie said...

Hee hee! How Tweedy of you to pose them with a warm beverage! Impressive for socks!!!! I don't think that's been done before!

You've reminded me I need to go mining in my sock drawer and bring the wool ones up to the surface for more regular wearing!

Jodi said...

Just beautiful! Sometimes encouragement (AKA enabling) by knitting friends is the perfect incentive for a great project.

Zonda said...

Ahh so nice!! Hehe..I love it when you get enabled LOL! ;)

cockeyed said...

WOW! now i want to knit some.....so weak.....

Wendy said...

If you can punch out some Monkeys that quickly, I say go for it girl! I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with my knitting.

Unknown said...

Lovely! So very dark & stormy nightish too.

And since I don't own any of that yarn yet, you know what that means, you 2 enablers!

weezalana said...

Fabulous! And really, when someone else is coaxing you to cast on, even gives you the needles, what's a knitter girl to do? You're only human, after all. ;)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Oh Oh Oh. I love them! Now you have me inspired to finish mine :)

Beverly said...

Those colors are fabulous! Very "warm by the fire." I really like the picot edge too. I may try that on a pair soon.

knittingknirvana said...

Hello speed knitter!!

Love the monkey socks!!! I also love the little bit of red that comes through the chocolate brown.

Is that a Christmas mug in October? I put Christmas pjs on my son tonight, too. What are we doing??? :)

Unknown said...

You're lucky to hang out with such good enablers!

Jolynn said...

Oooh! Love Monkeys! Love those colors! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fall colors!

Jo said...

I love the warm colors of those socks.

hearthead said...

great photo shoot, the monkeys really good great!

Jean said...

The socks are quite attractive - so much so that I will have to put this pattern on my to do list. The colors are so rich.

tapmouse said...

LOVE this colorway! And the yarn looks pretty yummy! I have some Dachs but in lightweight.

Anonymous said...

Those are such pretty pretty monkeys!

Rocky Moreno said...

That yarn color is too die for! So pretty.

ShareThis