Friday, October 17, 2008

YPF: The Hooray for Fall Edition

Woolgirl Fall Kit

Look what showed up in my mailbox this week! The Fall Charlie Brown kit from Woolgirl!

Miss Babs

I heart fall! I heart Miss Babs Yummy fingering yarn (remember these socks?!)




Miss Babs

And yet, when this fabulous package arrived, I looked at the Woolgirl box and wondered, "What is this? I didn't order more yarn?" You know its bad when yarn just shows up at your door and you forgot you bought it....uh-oh. Plus, I wanted to cast on right away, but then realized I have a few too many socks on the needles and I haven't even started Christmas knitting...uh-oh. It was the perfect reminder to keep up the yarn diet!! I'm aiming for two months at least! That would lead me right up to the Purlescence after-Thanksgiving sale! We'll see how I do!

Happy Friday!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

17 comments:

Bezzie said...

Nice yarn! But the whole package is making me bitter that there's a "long wait" for Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin on Netflix!

turtlegirl76 said...

What a cool package! Love the fun colors of the yarn.

Brena said...

I love the Charlie Brown stuff! And that yarn looks yummy yummy yummy. I'll have to send Michael an anonymous link near Christmas.

peaknits said...

That pack is adorable! I got Woodstock! IF you need help thinning your stash (mama blue for example, em) I am happy to help:)

Kim U said...

That pack is so cool! I totally hear you on the yarn showing up and wondering where it's from thing - only now it also happens to me with fiber to spin.

Scrabblequeen said...

Yarn diet. Good idea, but like any other diet difficult to maintain, especially as we approach the holidays and all those goodies are out there waiting to trip us up!

Neuroknitter said...

hee-hee...I did the same thing. I couldn't remember ordering more yarn, and then it dawned on me!!

I heart this kit!!! And I love Miss Babs' yarn so I'm in autumn heaven right now!!

Happy Friday!

Auntie Pudentaine said...

Be still my Snoopy heart!! How in the world do you order that? Is it still available?

Wendy said...

You totally have to keep me posted as to when sign ups for the next woolgirl sock club starts. I SO want in!!!

theyarnwhisperer said...

Its always a puzzling but yet wonderful surprise when yarn comes that you forgot you ordered. Its like you sent yourself a surprise or something.

Stacey said...

Super cute! Man,I love those Woolgirl kits! :D

weezalana said...

How fun! And that bag (is it a bag?) is so cute with the Charlie Brown print!

dianne said...

I love the Charlie Brown yarn! Is that a club yarn? I can't seem to find it on their website.

hearthead said...

Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!! That Woolgirl can't be beat!

Jean said...

I must admit, that every once in awhile I do forget as well, especially if its been a few weeks since the order (this happens with the yarn I order from the UK as it takes about a month to receive it in California). Its always a good thing to receive yarn and surprises can be quite pleasant.

TopHat said...

Ooh! Charlie Brown! I love Charlie Brown. I'm jealous over here.

Yvonne said...

How cute is that fabric? Enjoy your unexpected goodies :)

ShareThis