Saturday, November 22, 2008

Leaves!

I heart fall!

I know our Northern California Fall is not much compared to other places (I miss fall in the midwest!) but we have been having some gorgeous weather and the leaves still have some color.

Embossed Leaves

I cast on these socks right when I got the yarn! Well, Woolgirl did enable me a bit! The color was telling me it needed to be a pair of Embossed Leaves.

I heart fall!

These are the trees across the street from our place. So pretty!

Embossed Leaves

Love the pretty star toes on these.

I heart Fall!


Want even prettier leaves? Go check out Neuroknitter's amazing photos! Can you see how she inspires me! I pre-wrote this post, then saw her post, and realized...her style is creeping into my subconcious! Lucky me!

Embossed Leaves

Pattern: Embossed Leaves

Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock, colorway Violin from Woolgirl (she's adding more Oxblood on Sunday too....that colorway is gorgeous!!)

Modifications: None. I love this pattern!

Now back to more holiday knitting. These may be the last socks I knit for me for the next month or so with the holiday knitting I'm attempting to do. Although, I may just may cast on the new STR Rockin' Sock Club sock when I get it! I peaked, its gorgeous!

Happy Knitting!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

18 comments:

Virtuous said...

They came out perfect! And love how you mixed it with nature's beautiful leaves. All of ours are just about gone!! :o(

Discoknits said...

Wow, your trees are GORGEOUS!!!

As are those socks. I have some purple embossed leaves on the needles - LOVE that pattern.

hearthead said...

pretty trees, those socks look cozy!

Zonda said...

Those socks are gorgeous! Pretty leaves too!!

Bezzie said...

You guys are only about a month behind us in the tree department--not bad!! Nice socks! I'm so glad it's wool sock season again!

knittingknirvana said...

I HEART FALL!!! :) Love the pics!!

knittingknirvana said...

oopppsss
and I love the socks too!! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful socks! I miss the Midwest in Fall too. Sweater weather and football here just aren't the same.

weezalana said...

Those are GORGEOUS! Embossed Leaves is one of my all-time favorite sock patterns, and yours turned out fabulously!

Jo said...

But your autumn is still colourful - we lost the last of our leaves with the snow that came down this week in Delaware.

Knitting Kris said...

What a perfect pairing of pattern and yarn! I "heart" your Violin socks!
Those photos of fall are beautiful. Here in the NE, we have snow on the ground already! Those pictures occurred here about a month ago!

tapmouse said...

Yeah, and I LOVE those STAR toes, too!-hee! Yeah, you know that i was mesmorized by the shaping of those toes-too cute!

Marisol said...

Absolutely lovely! I hope these are for you:)

They definetely exude Fall.

Neuroknitter said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Your socks are stunning on your leafy backdrop!!

That sock pattern is high up in my queue!! As in, I brought the pattern and yarn with me for some vacation knitting this week...fingers crossed I get that far!! You see...you were in my head, too!!! LOL!!!

And did you see those Beavers last night!! Oy! I think I dropped a stitch...maybe two!! Go OSU!!!

Anonymous said...

So much gorgeousness in this post! Love all the autumn colors and lovely socks!

Wendy said...

Your work always catches my breath... but these went straight to my heart!!!!

NatRed2 said...

Your trees look pretty darn midwestern to me!!! I bet your leaves last longer than ours do too. We had snow on the ground today.

Perfect back drop for those beautiful socks.

Rani said...

Hooray for the fall colors! It's just gray and bare here, now, so those beautiful photos are so nice to see! sigh.

Love the socks. They look so warm and scrumptious.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

ShareThis