Friday, June 26, 2009

Blackberry Brambles

Got berries?

You know what we'll be having for dessert this weekend! Blackberry Pie! Courtesy of Whole Foods, but delicious nonetheless!

Blackberry Brambles
The Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Sock, colorway Ripe for Pickin'

Mochaberry Brambles
Socks that Rock mediumweight, colorway Mochaberry

Blackberry Brambles

Siren's Brambles
Socks that Rock mediumweight, colorway Siren Song

Thank you Knittinggolfer for test knitting and taking such fabulous photos! Check them all out here or here!

Blackberry Brambles...Coming Soon!

Summer berries, ripe for picking. As soon as I saw this stitch pattern, I was inspired. The berries travel down the sock on their brambles. Then, when you have colorways with names such as Mochaberry and Ripe for Pickin', well, enough said.

Pattern: Blackberry Brambles


Notes:
The instructions are written for a cuff-down sock. Charts are also provided.

Yarn: 380 yards of fingering weight sock yarn; shown in The Plucky Knitter MCN, colorway Ripe for Pickin'; Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock mediumweight, colorways Mochaberry and Siren Song

Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge, either DPNs or circular needles

Gauge: 30 stitches = 4" over st st

Size: adult women's average/medium

Finished measurements: 8" foot circumference; 6" approximate leg length

Available for purchase here!



To celebrate the upcoming Cotty STR KAL (come join us!!), this pattern, Cotty and The Freestyle Snowboarder Hat will be marked down to $4 until July 7! Then this pattern will be available for $5 (similar to Cotty).

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions at irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT com

Happy Berry Pickin'!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

15 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Congratulations! I love the look of this sock. I can't wait to stashdive for it!

tapmouse said...

OMG! Thanks so much for sharing this with me, IGK! I totally didn't expect it and I was surprised to find it in my inbox today!

Love ya!

Knitting Kris said...

You are so talented! This pattern is just gorgeous. I need to knit Cotty first though......still digging through the STR stash to find the right skein!

Kathy in San Jose said...

Okay, now I've gone from "don't know what to cast on next" to "waaaay too many to choose from" with this and Cotty...

Shannan said...

Love the new pattern!

ACraftyKnitter said...

Blackberries are my favorite berry- showing us a picture of that pie is really making me want to go out and buy one!

Unknown said...

I'm like Kathy. Too many to choose from. You know I'll cast on after I finish my Cottys. The plus side is that Cottys are super duper fast in sportweight.

Jodi said...

Super gorgeous socks! I'm putting the pattern in my queue right away.

Mmmm... blackberry pie. Love all the berries, esp. when they're in season.

Brena said...

Another gorgeous pattern I'll be favoriting on Ravelry!

Batty said...

Is there a way to get a pie with purchase of the pattern? Lovely socks, but right now, the pie is making me drool.

weezalana said...

Mmmm....now I want pie. And more sock yarn.

Zonda said...

Hehe..I want some pie too ;) I was going to use Jezebel, but some others are...so..I may look for the perfect yarn on my trip...vacation yarn LOL!

dianne said...

Another gorgeous pattern! I'm sure it'll be jumping into my shopping cart soon. I'm already running through my stash in my head picking the perfect yarn :-)

Linda said...

I love your new pattern--congratulations! And your photos are wonderful too!

cupcakefaerie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love all your patterns, but this may be my favorite so far.

ShareThis