Monday, June 1, 2009

Never say never

Now we know I have lots of yarn in my stash. But, up until about two months ago, I had only 3 skeins of laceweight yarn in my stash. Seriously. Those were gifts too. Well, then ilikecake went and introduced me to the Plucky Knitter's 2-ply cashmere lace yarn. Oh. My. Cashmere. I quickly acquired two skeins of it from cupcakefaerie (I am spoiled by my yarn snobby friends! They have the best stashes!). Another three skeins from Churchmouse Yarns & Tea on the way to sock camp (that was restrained....I really really wanted two more skeins of Pumpkin). And I may have traded for two more skeins. And I really want some Geisha from BMFA now too!

I guess I never should have said that I would never knit with lace. Maybe I just needed to find the right patterns.


Cashmere....yummy!
One skein of Plucky Knitter 2-ply cashmere, colorway Cupcake!

cupcake cowl
Just a simple 1 x 1 rib cowl that was a shop sample at Churchmouse. I can't wait for fall to wear this....every...day...!

Seriously yummy!

Oh, and from the weekend baking...French-Style Yogurt Cake with Lemon from this book
(yes! I'm still loving it, though I finished it a week or two ago!). This is heavenly! A perfect summer afternoon cake. Or breakfast cake. Or dessert cake. Or, heck, it is Monday, so I can have two pieces cake. hehe

Happy Monday!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

23 comments:

Zonda said...

It's so pretty! I bet so very comfy to wear too! Drooling over your cake now! Oh, so when do the lace shawls start ;)

Scrabblequeen said...

I understand about the lace-weight reluctance. It takes me long enough to finish things using fingering and up! Cowl looks soft and warm and lovely!

Lindsay said...

I've been on such a laceweight kick lately, too. Good luck with that: ) I'm going to have to make a mental note to stay far, far away from that book as to not gain infinite pounds. That cake looks delicious.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I want that cake. It looks delicious!

My last experience with laceweight didn't go so well. I'm a little gun-shy.

Sam said...

Mmmmm.. cake. It looks so good. But you look even better. The cowl is perfect on you.

Laura said...

Ohh that cowl is lovely!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The cowl is great and the cake is drool-worthy!

Susie said...

The cowl is lovely! I'd find it hard to wait till fall to wear it.

Bezzie said...

Cozy cowl!

And I like your cake-yogurt, that's healthy right?

turtlegirl76 said...

Hey you wouldn't know that cowl was made with laceweight! Was it double stranded? It's very cute!

Caffeine Girl said...

I can see why you can't until fall! the cowl is awesome. And I'm glad to hear that the cake is good -- I just bought the ingredients for it.

Brena said...

Both the cowl and the cake look yummy!

Rani said...

Wow! And laceweight. I am impressed. I would have turned and run away. But I do have a lovely green ball of laceweight sitting here on my messy desk. Maybe. . . maybe . . .

cupcakefaerie said...

So so pretty! I wouldn't take it off either. :)

That cake looks so yummy and moist!

chemgrrl said...

Okay, I'll be over later to have some cake and try on your awesome cowl. 2pm ok for you?

Unknown said...

You and cupcakefaerie are killin' me with the Plucky cashmere I passed up at Churchmouse.

Love the cowl. A really lovely color on you.

weezalana said...

That cowl looks super snuggly!

dianne said...

I'm not sure which looks better, the cowl or the cake!

Discoknits said...

Oh my, I bet that cowl is so light and thin and soft. But tell us how long it took to make. 1x1 rib! Laceweight!

I guess I could cope with that as my traffic-light/carline knitting and maybe get it done in about 3 years :0)

Jean said...

The cake looks luscious! The cowl will be absolutely fab when the weather cools down, great color when the skies are drab.

Marisol said...

Nice! You go girl! Oh oh... I see a new fettish being born:) Pretty soon you will be knitting shawls he he..

tiennie said...

Very pretty! I would love some of that cake. :)

Batty said...

That's so pretty, and the color looks just perfect! And that cake... thanks for the link, I bookmarked it. Yum, yum, yum! How much yogurt is a jar of yogurt?

ShareThis