Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meet Stitchy Bitchy

Just about every week, something happens or is said at my local Stitch n Bitch (aka Stitchy Bitchy among my dad, sister, and snowboarder) that I think, "I need to blog this." Finally, I brought my camera to our Tuesday night SnB...

First up, the destash. I brought a few skeins....
The destash.
They didn't even let me set up a little photo of the bag of yarn before they grabbed it up!

Handspun...yumm..
Ilikecake's gorgeous handspun was not up for grabs though! Yeah, I wouldn't part with it either!

I can't explain :)
Is that a Cupcakefaerie under there?! In all fairness, the air conditioning is cranked way too high at our hangout...we freeze every week unless we wear our knits!

Look how purty!
Look at GeekKnitterChic's just about done February Lady! So gorgeous in LSS Bleeding Hearts!!

And then there were buttons.
By the end of the evening there were even buttons!

A first sock.
Maybe the best part though.....a first sock!!

I've been part of this group for almost 5 years I think! And many of the women have been part of the group even longer! I wouldn't be the knitter I am today without them!

Happy Knitting!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

13 comments:

Susie said...

What lovely projects and ladies! Looks like you all have a great time together.

turtlegirl76 said...

What a fun group you have! I'da pounced on that bag too.

dianne said...

Looks like a fun group of knitters. Id go every week too! And I think the air conditioning is a business plan...keep them freezing so they buy more yarn to knit

Maria said...

What fun! I need a group like that!

cockeyed said...

awesome! wish i could join you sometime!

cupcakefaerie said...

Lovely photos (except for that one). I still <3 you anyway :)

Zonda said...

It's great to have a group of knitters you can have fun with! And love your stash too ;)

hearthead said...

It sure looks like you ladies have a blast every week! I wish I lived there too!!!

Sam said...

What a great group! My knitting group just got together a few months ago and I already can't imagine going without it.

Rani said...

I am so jealous! (a good kind of jealous) - I don't have many friends who knit - in fact most of them make fun of me!!

Look at all the yummy yarn - And huzzah for the first sock - whoo hooooo!

Discoknits said...

I'm kinda jealous too. But not, now I live near enough to yarn-mecca Charlotte :0)

Went to Christi's group on Wednesday too. So great to have more knitty's to hang out with. You MUST come soon :0)

Anonymous said...

Great group, I am so busted with the yarn in my hand.

Neuroknitter said...

What fun!

I miss hanging out in a weekly knitting group!! Do cats and a hubby count?

ShareThis