Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What are you up to Wednesday?

Well I've been up to lots of things lately, I just haven't had a chance to blog about them! Nothing too exciting, just busy. Where to start?

1. I knit up a Blackberry Brambles cowl.

blackberry brambles cowl
In the yummy Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Worsted, colorway Doris.

Blackberry Cowl

2. It matches these Toasty gloves that I don't think I ever posted about.

Blackberry Bramble Cowl

3. I also knit up a hat in the same pattern, but I haven't had a chance to take photos of it or write up the pattern notes. But it is in Plucky's Honey Wilkes color....a gorgeous gorgeous honey color!

4. I finished the girl version of my Uncle Frank socks (the red ones....only one was done for the photo shoot/pattern, but one of the sisters is going to get this for Christmas so I needed to finish them...yeah, I know they read the blog, but really, I think they just look at the pictures, so perhaps they won't even read this....hehehehe). Still haven't taken the photos yet.

5. I've also knit two other hats. Again, must take pictures. Why is it always so dark when I get home?!

6. I need to cast on something new but can't decide what. Suggestions??

7. I'm distracted tonight by this. And this. What to do? Knit? Cook? Bake? Knit? Read?

8. And Friday Night Lights is back (thanks DirectTV!). Amen to Coach Taylor and Tim Riggins.

9. Speaking of TV, did any of you watch The Biggest Loser last night and cry buckets of tears like me??!! I thank Disco for turning me on to this show last year...so inspiring!

10. Its almost-almost Friday!!

What are you up to this week?

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

13 comments:

Zonda said...

Oooh that cowl is gorgeous!! I'm getting that book this week! We've been trying a few of her recipes lately! As for me,I've been off and painting the pantry, about to put it all back and reorganize, and finishing a pair of socks. Back to work on Friday :(

Bezzie said...

Nice cowl!

And I vote for some baking!

Unknown said...

Very pretty cowl!

Trillian42 said...

Beautiful cowl! That stitch pattern works really well as a cowl.

I've been waiting for the PW cookbook too - can't WAIT to pick it up!

Rani said...

Oh so pretty!

How about knit and listen to a book on tape.

Renee Anne said...

What am I up to? Sadly, it's not lots of knitting OR baking.

Classes today, tutoring tonight, and lots of reading to do over the weekend and a paper to write...

But I swear, I'll get some knitting in there somewhere. Maybe some carving of the pumpkins (though I wouldn't count on that unless I do it tomorrow)...and maybe some pumpkin seed baking will happen.

Neuroknitter said...

Great cowl! Cozy-lovely!! I'm on a cowl kick these days! :)

I just hopped over to Amazon to order a copy of the PW book...I've been waiting for it...shoot, I hope I didn't pre-order it and forgot! LOL!!! oh well! I heart PW!!

Happy Friday-eve!!!

Heather said...

Buckets and buckets of tears. I can't even imagine living after what Abby went through.

Nice cowl too!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

The cowl is gorgeous:)Hugs Darcy

chemgrrl said...

Pretty pretty cowl!

As for what to cast on new, I vote for this: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/peaks-island-hood

I am DYING to cast on for it myself, but I have an overdue birthday present for my 3 yo nephew to finish first. So I'm bribing myself.

weezalana said...

Lovely cowl!

Hmmm...I think it's time for you to knit another sweater. Maybe a quickie one for fall. I took a peek at your queue - how about Juliet, Charlie, or Rosamund's Cardigan?

cupcakefaerie said...

What a pretty cowl and it looks lovely on you!

I've been busy casting on three new projects. Hopefully I can sustain this energy all the way to the finish on all three. :)

Gigi said...

Love that cowl! Beautiful color on you.
Blessings,
G

ShareThis