Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Knits

It just wouldn't be two days before Christmas without some last minute knitting, right? I've got one complicated hat to finish and some socks to darn (Dad has a big pile of socks with holes that he just wants mended...I've been putting it off forever!). And maybe a wee pair of Toasties if time permits for Lil' Snowboarder.

But here are two that are done.

IMG_2448

Why yes. Those are another pair of Plucky Knitter's Cashmere Toasties. A gift for Snowboarder's sister. If you need a quick last-minute gift, this pair was knit up quickly on Monday. You can do it.

IMG_2445

Now this gorgeous scarf. Don't be fooled. It will take forever to knit. Forever. Not a last-minute gift. I knew the only way this was going to be finished was if I made it a Christmas gift. I needed a deadline.

IMG_2446

To be honest, it may have taken so long because about 50% of it was knit while I practiced lever knitting. The last 20% I was worried I was going too slow and just finished it the way I normally knit.

IMG_2447

The pattern is the Gathered Scarf. The yarn is BMFA Peru and is sooooo lovely in the Rose Quartz colorway. One skein of gorgeousness. I was inspired by Maria's version here. I think Snowboarder's mom is going to love this.

Okay. Now to knit that boyfriend a Koolhaas.

Happy Holidays!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

18 comments:

Jen said...

You really did crank out those holiday knits! :)

Hope Santa brings you lots of yarn!

SissySees said...

That is a lovely scarf. I'm off to google "lever knit."

Knitting Kris said...

Lovely knits! I've been knitting a lot too, just not blogging about it much. I loved the fact that you were the designer for the Courage kit from Woolgirl! You go girlfriend!
Happy Holidays to You!

Caffeine Girl said...

I admire your living dangerously -- knitting up to the last minute! Good for you!

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh that scarf is stunning! I can almost feel the squishy softness just by looking at the pics. I'm sure she'll love it!

Rani said...

Oh, I love those little knits. The cashmere mitts look terribly comforting. We are on the brink of a huge snowstorm. I do have some scrumptious yarn. I wonder . . .

Happy holidays to you and yours. Enjoy the peace of the season.

JelliDonut said...

I'm afraid I Hoover at lever knitting. Will give it another go after the holidays. Looks like you have the hang of it, however. Nice! I'm only giving it another chance because I promised The Yarn Harlot.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Lovely knits and what is lever knitting?Hugs Darcy

peaknits said...

Would Snowboarders family adopt me? I just want one of your holiday knits, of course - gorgeous!

weezalana said...

Lovely on both! That scarf especially looks very warm and snuggly!

Bezzie said...

Love that scarf!!! The pattern looks like it could be transferred to other stuff too--very inspiring!

Guinifer said...

Peru is such a soft, soft yarn...

Zonda said...

Lovely soft knits!! Yay for you! Merry Christmas! I'm off to crochet some face cloths...

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I *think* I'm done. Stop tempting me with one more quick gift knit! I really need to start wrapping...

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Both projects came out beautifully. I have now queued up the scarf too. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

Yay, for the finished scarf! I'm sure Snowboard Mom will love it.

And nice Toasties. One day I will make a pair since they're easy-peasy.

cupcakefaerie said...

Such lovely holiday knits for your lucky family. You have a few more hours to finish the hat. You can do it. Knit on!

Merry Christmas Eve!

Maria said...

I love that scarf. Now I want to knit another one!!!

ShareThis