Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Mail!

Warning: Woolgirl Cowardly Lion Shipment Spoiler below!! SPOILER!!!

Last week was a fabulous yarny week! The postman dropped off three fabulous packages! First up, Woolgirl's Gingerbread Kit!

IMG_2385

Now if that doesn't get you in the holiday spirit, well, I don't know what does! Love love love the Wool Candy yarn too! And the yummy gingerbread cookie that is missing from the photo...well he's in my tummy!


IMG_2384
Littlest Snowboarder is going to love this Hello Kitty baby doll diaper bag set from Discoknits!! So cute!! And the super cute bag behind it (with the polka dots), a giftee from Disco!! Its fabulous!! Thank you Disco! And seriously, I really need to make friends with my sewing machine!

And finally. My Woolgirl Cowardly Lion Kit!

Wait for it.....

IMG_2380

Oh, you want to see a close up of that pattern?!

IMG_2379

Another secret!! That's my design, Courage! I absolutely loved designing this sock for Woolgirl!

IMG_1905

Here are my sport samples, in the yummy Union Center Knits yarn. The sport size came with a coordinating toe :)

IMG_1908

And here is one with the fingering weight version. A bit more rouching on the cuff. The cuff bunches up and reminds me of the Cowardly Lion's big mane!

Oh, and for those of you interested, Woolgirl just opened up the sign-ups for her upcoming Alice in Wonderland Sock Club.

I sure do need to enjoy these yarny packages this month. I have a feeling January will bring fewer....you know, new year, new attempts to knit from the stash. But until then.....

Happy knitting!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

P.S. I haven't done any holiday baking and am feeling inspired....any favorite recipes you all would recommend? Fudge is definitely on the list....anything else?

26 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Congrats on your Cowardly Lion! Very cool.

I haven't tried this recipe for mint fudge, but it sounds good, if you're a minty type:

http://www.oregonlive.com/foodday/index.ssf/2008/06/recipe_detail.html?id=7107

Enjoy!

Bezzie said...

I like the way your socks captured the "mane-y" feel!

knittinggolfer said...

great mail! Congrats on the pattern!!! it is perfect!Gotta get me some courage! hehe

Nicole said...

Wonderful pattern! I signed up for the Alice in Wonderland club, it'll be my first, I'm so excited!

I've made some of these the other night and they turned out delish.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/12/my_favorite_christmas_cookies_from_childhood_and_beyond/

Discoknits said...

I already emailed you but, Congrats on the cowardly lion sock - love the ruffles for the mane. The gingerbread kit is gorgeous - I could just eat up that yarn. Yum-o
Christmas hugs xxxxx0000000xxxxxx

SissySees said...

Love the cowardly lion socks!

I always do stained glass window cookies. I don't eat them, but others enjoy them, and I think they're pretty.

Jean said...

OK I may be dating myself, but the Cowardly Lion socks are especially appealing, they remind me of the 80's when I used to scrunch my leg warmers around my ankle or sometimes even over part of my foot (helped me so much in Modern Dance). All the yarn looks so spectacular.

Sam said...

Cowardly Lion is fantastic! Love it! Congrats!

For holiday baking are standby are sugar cookies (the cooks illustrated recipe), scones (http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/classic-cream-scones.aspx) and chocolate peppermint cookies from the All American Cookie Book (totally worth the price if you don't have it).

Neuroknitter said...

Isn't that Gingerbread kit amazing!! Love it!!

Congrats on the Cowardly Lion pattern!! Perfect translation of his mane into socks!! :) :)

Caffeine Girl said...

Congratulations. I love the name and colorway. You are really making a name for yourself!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Love the Cowardly Lion socks!!
Congratulations!!

Can't wait to see what you decide to bake. I've got a cookie baking date with a bunch of friend on Thurs. and I still don't know what to make.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

What is in the little gold box on a white pillow is it a glass charm gingerbread man?
My addiction to plucky has caused a small stash to grow.lol
I love your socks and the woolgirl packages are lovely.Hugs Darcy

Zonda said...

Holy cow woman!! Those socks are awesome! WTG!! Wished i had a little girl to give the baby set from Disco, it's so cute..

Zonda said...

Oh, my old standby is pumpkin bread, and newest one is this!

peaknits said...

Wow - great mail indeed! And CONGRATS on creating another gorgeous pattern - you are really cooking - in more ways than one:)

cupcakefaerie said...

Congratulations on another lovely pattern! So awesome!
(At the pace you're going, I'm thinking it's time to remove "emerging" from the beginning of "designer".)

Christine said...

ooh... another published pattern. Congrats! Love the ruffles as the mane.

Maria said...

Love the Cowardly Lion socks! Now you need to knit the matching scarf!!! I'm in the mood to knit another one of those ruffly scarves!!!

Rani said...

The socks are amazing! How do you do it?!?

What fun eye candy - I love both colorways of the yarn. Yum yum yum.

Robin said...

My new favorite is Caramel and Rice Krispy covered marshmallows. YUMMY

weezalana said...

I've made two batches of these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies so far, and they are soooooo good: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/iced-pumpkin-cookies/detail.aspx. I subbed allspice for cloves, brown sugar for white, added chocolate chips, and skipped the icing.

This recipe was recommended by a friend today: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Saltine-Toffee-Cookies/Detail.aspx. She said they were awesome! I'm going to make them on Sunday.

weezalana said...

Oh, and congrats on the Courage pattern! You're becoming the next Cookie A! :)

Rosemary said...

Homemade caramel: http://spindlerose.typepad.com/adventures/2007/11/caramel.html

I need to make more, and I have no idea when I'm going to do it. Yikes.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to post my official congratulations! You're on your way, my dear.

Disco's gifts are so cute & remind me that I should be looking for some HK fabric myself.

As for holiday cookies, the classic Russian tea cakes are so very holiday for me.

CO64 said...

I love your "Courage" pattern. So glad I am a lucky Oz member!

Marisol said...

I absolutely adore this! I want to make a pair but have not participated in the wool girl wizard of oz round boo hoo...

How long b4 we can purhcase the pattern?

ShareThis