Thursday, January 13, 2011

Overwhelming

TNNA was quite overwhelming in all the good ways you can imagine! I wish I could better articulate how much energy and excitement that events like this create. And I love being part of this knitting community. I was a bit nervous about what to expect, but I met so many wonderful designers and indie dyers and other artists in our community, I had no need to be nervous.



IMAG0198

I did get my smackdown on and went for a morning walk along the harbor Saturday.

Now my brain is just overwhelmed with all of the ideas buzzing around in my brain. From designs, to following up on ideas and with new friends, it sure has been a busy week.

IMG_5112

Pico Accuardi Dyeworks, Naturally Dyed Worsted in colorway Aunt Honey

Gorgeous yarn was in abundance! I loved the yarns from Anzula Yarns (yay! they'll be at Stitches West!), loved Madelinetosh's new yarn and colors, so many other yarns too. I finally met Deb from Pico Accuardi Dyeworks. I felt like I knew her a bit already because Marisol and her are good friends. Plus I met Lorajean from Knitted Wits and her adorable son O.

IMAG0199

Such a cutie in his hat from Sarah (too cute!!).



IMG_5116

A few other goodies included fabulous gift tags from Knitterella, an Annie Adams' shawl pin, and perfect project bag! The new Schacht Sidekick spinning wheel is definitely a goodie I'll ask Santa for (I know he'll say no, but a girl can dream, right?).

And if you can believe it, that is the extend of my pictures from the trip. Yeap. None, nada. I'll try better Friday night when I head over to A Verb for Keeping Warm for an event with Ysolda and Cookie A. and Saturday when I get to hang out with Sarah, aka The Plucky Knitter! Crazy fun!!!

Happy just about Friday!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

dianne said...

Sounds like you have a great Friday night and Saturday planned! Have fun and enjoy!!

Jen said...

TNNA looked like fun! And that sounds like a most excellent weekend.

Marisol said...

Soooo wonderful that you were able to go! Love all that you got to see and do. Maybe next year I should go:) I will if I can swing it.

Discoknits said...

Awesome fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with in 2011 :0)

Scrabblequeen said...

Such wonderful excitement, both what has been and what will be! Cya in Feb!

Lorajean Kelley said...

Thanks for all the love! It was so fun meeting you! I'll email you soon about an idea I have. I'm bummed I wont be at stitches but I'll be ready for loads of fun at sock summit

Anonymous said...

SQUEEE!!! I love those tags!!! Awesome. :)

Unknown said...

Well, there is that TNNA rule about no pics of the showroom floor, so I think we don't expect that many pics anyway.

Glad you had a great time & hope to see you tonight & tomorrow!

gMarie said...

thanks for what photos we got. Glad you had fun, even if it was overwhelming - Enjoy being a big time designer! g

Knitterella said...

Another fun, yarny weekend with great people! So jealous. Tell Sarah "Hi"

Thanks for the Knitterella mention and photo ;)

ShareThis