Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today

A few things I am loving today.....

1. Madeleine's scones. Okay, technically they are Marion Cunningham's Dried Fruit Cream Scones from The Breakfast Book. Madeleine made these last weekend and they were quickly devoured at the Plucky Knitter Party. When she sent me the recipe yesterday, I just had to try them. Two words. Delish. Easy. Suprisingly easy. I'm a fan of not having to get a lot of stuff out to make things. I even made an extra batch for the freezer today.

scones

2. My new techno hoodie from Old Navy. Don't laugh. It is true! I needed a sweatshirt and it was $6.50 on clearance and I thought the little headphones were dorky, but didn't want to pass up the deal. Well, then this morning I tried the headphones...just plug my phone or ipod into the cord in the pocket and magic! Seriously fun!

IMG_5198
Please ignore the dog hair.

3. The designer backgrounds in my new favorite knitting book, Brave New Knits.

IMG_5197

I knew I loved the designs in the book, I just didn't realize how thoughtful and inspiring the designer sections would be. Lots of inspiration! Plus I've added a few new blogs to read.

IMG_5196

4. Casting on with cashmere. Enough said.

5. How happy a certain lil' someone is when she is wearing her Cotty socks!

IMG_5181


What are you loving today?


Happy Weekend!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I'm loving that a friend of mine chose me to go with to her last NBA game before moving out of the country. I don't care one whit about basketball but was really glad to spend one last evening with my friend!

And pasta. Also loving pasta today.

gMarie said...

walking the dogs in warmish weather, knitting with fabulous yarn and a great pattern, sewing, and watching Road House for the millionth time with hubby. g

Discoknits said...

My beautiful boys (every day). I love Sundays - nothing to do. Finishing my 3rd (yes, THREE!!!) Patricia. Tea. Oh, yes, and STITCHES!!!!!

Discoknits said...

Hey, and did your blog change again? It looks so clean :0)

Kaye said...

Woah, can you wash that sweatshirt or will it short out?

I'm loving a little Moochie sitting on my lap as I type this.

Renee Anne said...

I love that Little Man (almost 3 months) slept for 6 hours straight last night for the first time!

SissySees said...

I love having Sissy across the back of the sofa, head on my shoulder, and Gretchen in my lap, wagging her little nubby tail in her sleep.

French Press Knits said...

Totally wanting to reach throught the screen and grab one of you scones!

Neuroknitter said...

First of all...yum!!!

And yay!! You got that book!! :)

ShareThis