Thursday, April 7, 2011

Surviving Sock Camp

It sounds like a vacation.

IMG_5756



It looks like it may be a relaxing, peaceful week of knitting.

But it is not.

It is more like boot camp.

Where the requirements involve knitting, yarn, silliness, late nights, bacon at breakfast every day, classes, dessert with every meal, awesome awesome people, honey badgers, Twilight and Glee watching, and laughing with some of my best friends.

IMG_5752

IMG_5753

IMG_5690

I'm still recovering from the week.

Seriously.

Where else do you get to play Knitting Jeopardy?

IMG_5719

Or Knitting Boggle?

IMG_5683

Or claim to proudly be a Jubjub all week?

Where learning to spin involves hula-hooping?

IMG_5678

And Anna Zilboorg literally teaches you to spin? Or in my case, attempts to teach me to spin :)

IMG_5676

IMG_5675

There was a tea party.

IMG_5713

And silly hats.

IMG_5710

IMG_5707

IMG_5705


IMG_5677


And some things which are better left unexplained.

IMG_5724

IMG_5727


IMG_5754

Sock camp. Boot camp. No matter what you call it, it was amazing!

A bit like being in Wonderland!

Happy happy sock camping!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

13 comments:

sarie said...

Is there anything better than convening with knitting/spinning/crafting friends? NO!

dianne said...

It looks like a terrific time was had by all!

Mya said...

It WAS so much fun. By the way, I have a little video of you learning to spin. :) Wish I could have sat at your table more often. SOME year we should be in the same tribe, right?

Anonymous said...

THE. BEST.
THE. END.

Jen said...

Wow, sock camp looks like a whole ton of fun!

Susie said...

Way jealous! Looks like a spectacular time and I bet you need a vacation from you vacation!

French Press Knits said...

so jealous- glad you had a good time!

Debbi said...

so glad I got to spend time with you in Wonderland! Can't wait until the next time! #thataintnasty

Scrabblequeen said...

I'm tired just looking at all your activity! Looks like a wonderful week. Some day, in my dreams....

Susan Moskwa said...

Tee hee! I love that picture of Steph looking under the table. :) And I loved you yarn bomb! Go Jubjubs!

Marisol said...

Love! love! love! sock camp and all of you too;)

Jocelyn said...

That looks like so much fun! I confess the socks on the table legs are pure genius - must make those asap.

Hope you recover soon!

Tece said...

It was great to see you again at camp ...sorry we were not in the same tribe, though. I am still trying to recover - came home to 2 straight days of watching grandson #2 and I am still pooped!!

ShareThis