Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Bit of Catch-Up!

What a busy few weeks this has been?!  Let's catch-up a bit, shall we?

1. Did you watch the Royal Wedding?  I did.  Loved it.  Love, love, loved it.

2. Have you seen Woolgirl's April Sock Club Kit yet?  If you don't want to be spoiled, look away around #5.

3. Sock Summit registration begins on Wednesday, May 4!!  I'm hoping to maybe get a class or two, in addition to my own!!!!!

Sock Summit 2011


4.  I drove Mimi back home to Reno this weekend.  Not such a fun drive when I have a horrible migraine/sinus headache.  So I treated myself today to a trip to Jimmy Beans Wool.  Love that store, but really try not to stop at it every time I'm in Reno. I don't need yarn, remember.  But, in honor of Madelinetosh May, I bought a little something today.

IMG_6113


Two skeins of Madelinetosh Prairie in colorway Cove

5. Woolgirl's April Sock Club shipment arrived earlier this week and I heart everything about it!


IMG_6118


IMG_6117

Two awesome patterns, and yes, I may be biased because one of them is mine!  When Woolgirl asked me to design something for her Favorite Things/Raindrops on Roses themed kit, I jumped at the chance.  Especially when she told me about the yarn!  I absolutely loved knitting with Stricken Smitten's yarn....the color is just stunning!


Raindrops on Roses 5


Raindrops on Roses 7



Raindrops on Roses Shawlette, by Irishgirlieknits

feel free to favorite it, but it won't be available to the public until June 2012!  But you might be able to score one in the Woolgirl's Sock Club Forum on Ravelry here

Raindrops on Roses 3

6. Podcasts.  I've finally discovered the joy of knitting podcasts.  Don't ask me what took so long?!  Current faves include FiberBeat, Knitmore Girls, SavvyGirls.....any others you'd recommend?

7.  You know that sneak peek I showed you the other day?  I'm so excited to share it with you this week.  Miss Babs will be selling the pattern in her shop at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival next weekend!  This will be the first (of hopefully many more!) pattern that I will be wholesaling and I thought a bit of a professional pattern layout was needed.  Knitterella to the rescue!  I'll tell you more about the pattern in my next post, but today, I have to share a picture of the new pattern layout.

Maryanne.Pattern.Cover


I love it!  Working with Jill has made my designing job so much easier!  We will gradually be moving many of my patterns over to this new layout as I hope to start expanding my wholesale accounts!

8.  I have barely knit a stitch this week!  Tends to happen when I finish a new design.  I have another design in the works, just haven't cast on yet.  So let me live vicariously through you guys for a moment....what are you knitting?  What project can you just not put down?  Do tell :)

Happy Knitting!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

14 comments:

Jean said...

Ohhh all that yarn, I love the colors, the deep red looks lovely and your new acquisition reminds me of the shores in northen california. Congrats on being an instructor at sock summit, well deserved, so nice to see your success growing.

Sam said...

Congrats on all the new designs! The layout looks wonderful. Very professional. Nice job you and Jill!

Try Electric Sheep.

dianne said...

I love the new design! It's such a lovely tribute to your Mom and to have it available for the first time on Mother's Day weekend is perfectly fitting. The shawl is lovely too!

I'm going to cast on the Breaking Hearts socks today and I started swatching last night with some Madelinetosh light for a Knitspot sweater, but I'm not sure now that the yarn is going to work at the called for gauge :-(

Happy May Day!

Batty said...

Oooh, that shawl is stunning! Beautiful job, and the color... that yarn is to die for. I love deep, rich reds.

have fun at Sock Summit. Maybe I'll get to go someday, it looks like so much fun.

neknitsandbeads said...

That shawl design is beautiful! I can't wait until next year to knit it up!

Kate said...

beautiful shawl!

For knitting podcasts, there are a few video ones I adore: Round the Twist, The Knit Girllls and Dramatic Knits.

Have fun!

SissySees said...

Gasp!!!! That pattern is worth waiting for. Love the colorway too, but the pattern... spot-on!!

Scrabblequeen said...

All that pretty-ness is perfect for the start of May! Love your Jimmy Beans purchase as well as the whole of the Woolgirl kit.

Jen said...

LOVE the new shawl! The only thing I have been working on are swatches! :)

Lara said...

Love the new pattern layout. The shawl is beautiful and Im hoping to score a pattern from a Rav destasher. Got up at 5:00 am to watch the Royal Wedding. Amazing! Did you see them drive out in the car with the baloons and cans tied to the back? How cool was that!

Zonda said...

I love the new shawl pattern! Trying to get my hands on one too :) Love the pattern for your Mom too!

Lorajean Kelley said...

Oh my goodness! I'm going to have stock that group! What an amazing kit!!

Have you heard of magcloud for publishing your patterns? I have 0 relationship to them, but I've seen some patterns printed through them I like them, also cheap. .20 a page, minimum 4 pages. Lee Meredith uses them. Sorry, I could go on and on! I know that printing is crazy expensive and this seems like an easy option. If you have questions about it I would suggest Lee, she's super nice! She's on twitter, @Leethal
I hope you are feeling better!

Kathy said...

Must listen to:
Stash and Burn
Cast On
Knitmore Girls

There are lots of other great podcasts, but I would start there.

The KnitWits are new and lots of fun, too.

Anonymous said...

I listen to my share of podcasts and second the recomendation of The KnitWits. They are so much fun!

ShareThis