Oh, it is Sunday afternoon already, and although this weekend has zoomed by, I feel like I was able to get lots accomplished this weekend! I feel like I have so much to catch you all up on, so here goes. A bit of my weekend, a bit of an update, and heck, a contest if you make it through the end of the post.
1. New designs in the works!
An infinity scarf design featuring The Plucky Knitter Primo. I'm loving this one!! Oh, and yes, it matches my new project bag perfectly.
I showed you a peek at my new design for Sunshine Yarns on Friday, but thought you'd enjoy a close-up. I'm on to sock two now, and since this is a sportweight yarn, Luxury Sport, it is knitting up quickly. And I"ll admit, this yarn is a bit like crack. Seriously. Love love love. I keep looking at the website to see what other colors I would knit this with and try really hard not to click order.
2. Another pattern has been reformatted. Here is Winter Wonder. It's never too soon to start thinking holiday knitting.
On all of my new patterns I'm now featuring suggested yarns instead of limiting the pattern to just the one or two yarns I used to design it with. There are so many lovely yarns out there that would often work. For this pattern, in addition to the Malabrigo Rios, Kollage Yarns Fantastic and The Plucky Knitter MCN Lite, I've added a few other yarns to tempt you with: The Plucky Knitter Primo Worsted, Miss Babs Yowza, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Gaea, A Verb for Keeping Warm Toasted.
Winter Wonder is also now featured on Malabrigo Yarns website here! So cool! And once again, Knitterella has done an amazing job with my pattern layout! If you need any graphic design work, she is fabulous!
3. Doggies!! Lot's of snuggle time this weekend with Bailey and Puddy!
How can I resist those eyes?!!?!
4. Walk Now for Autism Speaks is just a week away, and so far we've raised $340 from the sales of my Walk Now pattern. Thank you all so much! I'd love to get to $400 by the time of the walk next weekend!
5. A bit of retail therapy arrived on Friday. A new project bag from Knitterella!
Love!! Seriously cute! She has a few other designs here!
6. I spent a bit of timing updating things in our Irish Girlie Knits group over on Ravelry. Can you believe we're up to 287 members!!! So fun! Our Sweet Home KAL is coming to a close at the end of the month and I just posted our lovely prizes from Kollage Yarns and Dubai Knits. It's not too late to join the KAL here.
7. Cotty was picked for the Year of Stash Socks June KAL! Yay!! I'm doing a coupon code for 20% off Cotty from now until May 31st with the coupon code: yoss Come join the fun!
8. I've also spent some time this weekend adding new blogs to my Google Reader. When bloglines went away, my blog reading dropped a bit. But now that I've figured things out with Google Reader and Flipboard on my iPad, I'm back in blog reading mode! I've discovered a few new non-knitting ones that I'm enjoying too ( Crafting an MBA, Single Dad Laughing).
So for today's contest, leave me some fun blog recommendations to add to my google reader! If you have a blog, let me know too! Knitting blogs, foodie blogs, other blogs I should be reading....let me know! And then from the list of comments I'll pick 5 winners to receive a copy of my Sweet Home Pattern! ETA: You guys rock the baking blogs (already added a few!). Keep them coming, but for the sake of my tummy, if you have any healthy eating/cooking blogs to recommend I'd love those too :)
ETA: Contest closed. Check for winners here.
Phew! I think we're all caught up on my end! So how was your weekend? Catch me up :)