My sister went on her honeymoon to Kauai, Hawaii and brought me back yarn! Love her! And honestly, the fact that her husband went with her to the yarn shop makes me love him a bit more too!
I just love it! So vibrant and of course, my colors :) My little sis knows her yarns...a lovely merino, hand dyed on Kauai. Just perfect.
My sister and I have been roommates for almost 10 years I think and are both in the process of moving. It has been all about packing for the last week or so. I have discovered that in addition to the things I already know I have too much of (YARN), I also have too much of a bunch of other things. Such as...
1. Flip Flops. Seriously. Way too many.
2. Notre Dame sweatshirts. Yes, I'm an alumni and yes come fall football Saturdays I live in one, but I think we are counting 7 or 8. I had no problem getting rid of the gazillion flip flops, but I haven't come to terms with possibly getting rid of my sweatshirts.
3. DVDs. Fortunately my mom took a lot of the romantic comedies I decided I had too many of, so I could still borrow them. I'll admit, I kept Twilight.
4. Make-up. Particularly eye shadows. Nothing wrong with make-up but who knew how much I had of it and considering I still barely wear it, it boggles my mind a bit.
5. Purses. Oy. I had already sent a few to the goodwill bin before I discovered another box of them in storage. So if I hadn't even seen them in over two years, yeap, I knew it was time for them to go. Totes, handbags, pink, blue. Too many. There are going to be some happy people at goodwill in the next few weeks.
Tricia and I, and about 220 other knitters, went to A Verb for Keeping Warm on Sunday to hear the Yarn Harlot's talk, "This is Your Brain on Knitting." Since I didn't go to sock camp this year, I had missed seeing Stephanie and it was so awesome to hear her speak.
My favorite photo of the evening :)
Here's a great one of a knitter gifting Steph with a Canadian washcloth she knit for her. So sweet.
My to-do list is crazy long. I keep checking things off and more things get added. Does this happen to you? I guess with it being summer I thought I'd have a bit more time. Of course, the packing doesn't help with the time factor.
But I don't care what my to-do list looks like next week when the Olympics start. I can't wait!!!!
Disco sent me a new CD to listen to. This one. I heart it big time. Plus, I kinda feel like Disco is in the car driving with me, signing a long :)
I still haven't decided what I'm knitting for the not Ravelympics, but Ravellenic Games. Must decide. Pretty sure I'll be on Team Plucky and Team Stashdown Smackdown! What are you guys knitting?
I've been knitting away on my new shawl design for Sunshine Yarns and I'm still enjoying MI-5 on Netflix. Even thought they.are.still.killing.off.the.characters.I.love. Seriously. Not just season finales, but season openers, random episodes. I am afraid to get attached to anyone else. Makes for great knitting marathon watching.
I'm taking a mini-vacation this weekend and not bringing my computer with me. I'll bring my ipad, but bye-bye computer. This girlie needs a break :)
This will be my view this weekend.
Just add sangria, girlfriends, and knitting.
Hope you have a good weekend too! Anything fun planned?