Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Things and Random Things

Good Thing.

My sister went on her honeymoon to Kauai, Hawaii and brought me back yarn!  Love her!  And honestly, the fact that her husband went with her to the yarn shop makes me love him a bit more too!

IMG_8833

I just love it! So vibrant and of course, my colors :)  My little sis knows her yarns...a lovely merino, hand dyed on Kauai.  Just perfect.

Random Thing.

My sister and I have been roommates for almost 10 years I think and are both in the process of moving.  It has been all about packing for the last week or so.  I have discovered that in addition to the things I already know I have too much of (YARN), I also have too much of a bunch of other things.  Such as...

1. Flip Flops.  Seriously.  Way too many.

2. Notre Dame sweatshirts.  Yes, I'm an alumni and yes come fall football Saturdays I live in one, but I think we are counting 7 or 8.  I had no problem getting rid of the gazillion flip flops, but I haven't come to terms with possibly getting rid of my sweatshirts.

3. DVDs.  Fortunately my mom took a lot of the romantic comedies I decided I had too many of, so I could still borrow them.  I'll admit, I kept Twilight.

4. Make-up.  Particularly eye shadows.  Nothing wrong with make-up but who knew how much I had of it and considering I still barely wear it, it boggles my mind a bit.

5.  Purses.  Oy. I had already sent a few to the goodwill bin before I discovered another box of them in storage.  So if I hadn't even seen them in over two years, yeap, I knew it was time for them to go.  Totes, handbags, pink, blue.  Too many.  There are going to be some happy people at goodwill in the next few weeks.

Good Thing.

Tricia and I, and about 220 other knitters, went to A Verb for Keeping Warm on Sunday to hear the Yarn Harlot's talk, "This is Your Brain on Knitting."  Since I didn't go to sock camp this year, I had missed seeing Stephanie and it was so awesome to hear her speak.  

IMG_8829

My favorite photo of the evening :)

IMG_8831

Here's a great one of a knitter gifting Steph with a Canadian washcloth she knit for her.  So sweet.

Random Thing.

My to-do list is crazy long.  I keep checking things off and more things get added.  Does this happen to you?  I guess with it being summer I thought I'd have a bit more time.  Of course, the packing doesn't help with the time factor.

But I don't care what my to-do list looks like next week when the Olympics start.  I can't wait!!!!

Good Thing.

Disco sent me a new CD to listen to.  This one.  I heart it big time.  Plus, I kinda feel like Disco is in the car driving with me, signing a long :)

Random Thing.

I still haven't decided what I'm knitting for the not Ravelympics, but Ravellenic Games.  Must decide.  Pretty sure I'll be on Team Plucky and Team Stashdown Smackdown!  What are you guys knitting?

Good Thing.

I've been knitting away on my new shawl design for Sunshine Yarns and I'm still enjoying MI-5 on Netflix.  Even thought they.are.still.killing.off.the.characters.I.love. Seriously.  Not just season finales, but season openers, random episodes. I am afraid to get attached to anyone else.  Makes for great knitting marathon watching.

Random Thing.

I'm taking a mini-vacation this weekend and not bringing my computer with me.  I'll bring my ipad, but bye-bye computer.  This girlie needs a break :)

Good Thing.

This will be my view this weekend.

IMG_8804

Just add sangria, girlfriends, and knitting. 

Hope you have a good weekend too! Anything fun planned?

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

7 comments:

Audry said...

To-do lists that grow faster than you can complete them are a real bummer. Sometimes I add things I've already done so I can have more crossed off items.

I hope you have a lovely mini break. This weekend is going to be a busy one for me. Wednesday kicked off the week-long marathon photo shoots for my book.

Anna said...

Hoo boy, MI-5. The death keeps on coming right to the end. I don't know how far you are, but I had a serious moment of outrage...well, I won't say more.

dianne said...

No plans for the weekend for us! Maybe we'll finally get out to see a movie :-)

There are so many things I want to do for Ravellinc Games. SO far I'm on Team Blue Moon and Team Spinning Yarns (my LYS). I should probably join Stashdown Smackdown too! I want to knit mates for 2 club socks that are about 2 yrold WiP's. I also want to finish my Que Sera sweater that I have so far only knit one sleeve for. That should be more than enough for me!

Renee Anne said...

Now that we've moved to Alameda, my to-do list keeps getting longer and longer and none of our stuff has arrived yet (translation: my yarn is in boxes, my needles are in another box, WIPs are in a box...and none of them are here yet).

If I get my stuff in time (and I better), I'm planning on making an Addipose for Team Tardis and, perhaps, a pair of socks or a shawl for Team Sun Valley Fibers. We'll see how that goes.

GeniaKnitz said...

Your sister found yarn in Kauai? I'm impressed; I searched the island and found only one tiny corner of a tiny store with boring yarn.

Scrabblequeen said...

Looks like lots of good things going on in your life. Love the HOneymoon yarn and the weekend plans!

Zonda said...

You trained your sister well! ;) Going through the belongings before a move stinks big time! But you'll feel a lot lighter ;) Lucky goodwiller's

Hope your weekend was very relaxing!!

I'm on the same teams as you, gonna finish my Dark/Stormy sweater and knit a pair of socks from my recent Tour de Fleece handspun :) I love how we get to start knitting at 1 pm this Friday! So glad I get off from work early that day ;)

ShareThis