Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Whirlwind

It has been a busy, fun-filled few weeks, but I'll admit, a bit of a whirlwind. Knit nights, cooking club (fabulous idea, right?!), musical performances, softball games, friends and family from out of town, work, life....phew. How has your summer been?  Hopefully fun-filled as well! I can't complain about the busy as it has been filled with fun.

image

image

This dish has made me want to actually use the pressure cooker my dad bought but still hasn't used! So delicious!! Madeleine had all the ingredients ready, but I prepared the dish. Using the pressure cooker, I kept thinking no, no, this isn't worth it. Not much faster. But as soon as we all tasted the chicken, WOW! Everyone practically exclaimed they were getting a pressure cooker. The flavor was so good, you would have thought that it had been simmering away for hours.

image

And this. This is why we love Alexis. So good....especially with a bit of vanilla ice cream. In summary, cooking club was a hit and we plan to do it again!

image

Ok. One more foodie pic. My favorite summer salad. Me, the girl who really is not that fond of tomatoes, loves this salad. Heirloom tomatoes are magical.

image

I went with a group of friends to hear a local author discuss her new book. It was so interesting to hear more about her process and inspiration about the story. It was a quick, enjoyable summer read that I'd recommend. I'd also recommend this one. I think I've told you that already, but just in case you missed it.

image

I do love summer reading, especially by the pool! Not quite done with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, but loving it!

image

image

Lil'Snowboarder had her first musical debut! Sooooo much fun and I'm just so proud of her! Lil' Guy loved it too!

image

There has been knitting too.

image

And the sock has a toe.

image

And sweet magpie keeps growing and smiling!

10386247_10152337166829482_2401466108812613316_n

And now the fun begins! A whirlwind trip to NYC for a few days of ME time! So excited!

Happy summer!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

4 comments:

dianne said...

You are having an incredibly busy summer! But it looks fun :-) And I just added that book to my Kindle wish list! It sounds good.

Renee Anne said...

I suppose being busy is better than being bored. It's been too hot for me to want to do anything around here, including knitting...but I have been knitting (mostly at night).

Susan said...

Hey Carrie! My goodness . . . sounds like you are enjoying every minute of your summer ! What could be better! Whirlwind better than no wind I say! You are living life! Good for you! Sending you lots of hugs! Go to the M&M store in Times Square . . . Debbi Marcy and I had so much fun there! Great staff! Lots of laughter!

Clotilde/Craftybegonia said...

What a wonderfully busy summer you are having! I don't knit as much as I crochet. That Moroccan menu looked intriguing!

ShareThis