Thursday, July 30, 2015

Good Things.

And just like that, July is almost over. Summer seems to be flying by, doesn't it? I'm trying to savor every moment I can. Lots of good things happening this month... a few highlights.

1. First, if you follow me on instagram, you already saw this one. I posted that it was a pretty awesome work day because I had just gotten my business license for starting my private practice here in the Bay Area providing behavioral and educational consultation to families and children with autism. Yes, that means I'm staying here in the Bay Area.

image

2. But this guy was here last week for a job interview. Crossing fingers.

image

3. And staying here means more time with Magpie. Goodness, her smile just melts my heart.

image

image

4. I've also been able to focus on my health. Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my post last week! It has been awesome to have friends and knitters join in my challenge groups too- we're doing this together!

image

5. I've been really enjoying time to cook healthy recipes too. I'm finding the 21 Day Fix program something I can LIVE on!

21 Day Fix Approved Food

I made all that!! Well, not the strawberries. The most requested recipe has been for those fabulous blueberry muffins (no sugar or flour?!??! well, almond flour doesn't count in my book) . Here's the recipe.

image

The entire family loved the Taco Turkey Meat from the new Fixate cookbook. Plus it is one of the 2 for one meals...you make Grandmas's Marinara Sauce and use it in the Taco Meat, and now I have the Marinara Sauce made for another recipe too. Quite a few of the recipes are like that.

image

6. I also released a new design last week. Kenmare Lace Hat is on sale for one more day! This hat is knit with the lovely Anzula Croquet, a new yarn that was released at TNNA. It is just fabulous and I loved the drape!


KenmareLaceHat_0559

KenmareLaceHat-8x10Promo-3

And there is an awesome special if you combine it with the Kenmare Lace Fingerless Gloves.

Kenmare.Lace.Promo

7. This weekend we leave for vacation at the cabin. This will be my view pretty much everyday.

image

I can't wait!!

What good things are going on with you guys as this month is winding down? I'd love to hear.

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

2 comments:

Tricia said...

You are AMAZING!!! I meant to comment on the last post and here you are again with another update! W00T! I'm so excited for you and all the things you're doing. I've been slogging through work and your updates make me happy. Enjoy the vacation- I'll be following along on instagram so post lots of pictures!

Renee Anne said...

Hooooray for staying here. Also, you're still a rockstar :) And I fully blame you for my most recent sock.......makes my hands hurt though because I'm knitting DK on US #1.5 needles (but they will be my squishy house socks and I will squish them and love them and not call them George because that's Stormageddon's name).

ShareThis