Friday, February 2, 2007

Happy February!

Why, its a Yarn Cupcake! A little taste of yarn (free, too!) from Yarn Paper Scissors, a knitting, scrapbooking, and sewing store in Burlingame. Too cute! I went there tonight after getting my hair done and I loved the store instantly. Yarn and sewing classes and Amy Butler materials and patterns (she is inspiration for me to learn to do more than just sew the linings for my purses). I was good and only bought a Blue Sky Alpacas Pattern and a little something for my secret pal.

Speaking of secret pals, Secret Pal 8 has started over at Knitty and I think I am going to have so much fun the next few months. My upstream SP (she spoils me) thinks we are a perfect match based on my questionnaire (long lost knitting sisters separated at birth...). And from her emails, she just might be! And look at my first little pressie! The Rowan Magazine I have been resisting for so long! Its my very first ever! Love all the patterns in this issue! Thanks SP!



And, its official, I FINISHED MY FIRST EVER SWEATER FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!! Wicked is done! I love it (mistakes and all....sleeves are a bit too big, oh well!). I'll post picks tomorrow. Can't wait to wear it. Now I need to whip out a few baby outfits for my soon-to-be nephew!! Happy February! xoxo Irishgirlieknits aka Karabella

1 comment:

Cherie B. said...

I can't wait to see the whole sweater! (Everyone loves the purse you made me by the way. You're a hit even in SD!)

ShareThis