Sunday, February 4, 2007

Wicked!

Wicked is done! Yeah! My first sweater made for me!!!! I love it...sure a few things I would change the next time (e.g., sleeves too big, want sweater a bit longer), but I still love it! I used Artyarns Supermerino (color 113). Even though I thought I had gauge throughout the pattern, I ended up using 2 skeins more than the pattern says too? Luckily, I had bought some extras just in case I decided to make the long-sleeves version or with a pocket. Best part, from start to finish, Wicked took me two and a half weeks to finish (I even knit a quick hat for dad in between)! Loved the knitting in the round! The KAL at Sexy Knitters Club sure did help with tips! Here's one more shot (and my regular photographer, Rowan, was not available...so dad stepped in and did a pretty good job!). I also finished a quick Biggy Print Scarf for a thank you gift. So, next up is Baby Baseball Tee with Mittens, for Lil Nephew-to-be! Baby showers are in March! This pattern is from Knit 2 Together. I'm using Rowan Cashsoft DK in green and brown.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The color is gorgeous on you.

Zonda said...

Pam's right! That color is gorgeous on you!! It looks like it fits you well too! Nice job! :)

Cherie B. said...

It looks awesome! It almost makes me wish I could knit. ;)

Thea said...

that looks great - I love their patterns, so simple but with something funky on each. And the chocolate yarn sounds great (brown is the new black.. so I hear!)

Anonymous said...

Wow Carrie! Great job! The sweater looks good, and you look awesome in it!!

sgeddes said...

The sweater looks great. I may have to give that pattern a try.

ShareThis