Sunday, June 10, 2007

Introducing the Rocky Sweater Vest

I know. I'm weird. I name my projects. But since I have had the Rocky theme song playing in my head every time I think of this little project, that's the name of it. Its all I'm going to be working on for the next 12 days! (insert theme song here!) Little Guy is getting baptized on June 23rd. My sister was kinda joking-kinda not that I should knit something white and holy for it for our nephew to wear. When I was joking with my SIL about it, she said their church doesn't really do that thing, they just dress the kids nicely. But she would love it if I wanted to knit something. How could I resist!

She picked a sweater vest. Of course, this was this week, so with limited time to research every pattern book available, we went with a modified version of the Debbie Bliss Cable Sweater from Simply Baby (she also lives in Sacramento, two hours away, so this was all done via internet...gotta love it!). Only thing I have to do is modify the pattern by a) making the smaller size smaller....he is that little still (!) and b) turning the sweater into a vest...sure no problem (insert the theme song again if you would).

Actually, now that I have worked on it a lot today, I'm feeling some relief. I can do it. And it is looking sooooooo cute. I'm using Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino for the first time and I just love it! Oh, and this post by Wendy about cabling without a cable needle saved my life. I definately feel like I can finish this in time!
Happy Knitting! xoxox Irishgirlieknits

6 comments:

sgeddes said...

The sweater is so sweet! I think it will turn out great. Cables withou the cale needle! I'm always afraid I'll loose a stitch - maybe I'll have to try it.

Zonda said...

I love cabling without a cable needle. That will be a beautiful sweater!

Batty said...

I haven't figured out how to cable without cable needles, but I don't think you could knit that sweater any other way without going insane. It's looking fabulous.

cpurl17 said...

I love that baby sweater and pashy's knits are tooo cute. Luckily I have a pregnat friend to knit for!

Jessica said...

So cute! Good luck getting it done in time!! :D

Unknown said...

That sweater vest is looking awesome!

ShareThis