Tuesday, June 26, 2007

YPT?!

Introducing....Sock Pixie Colors: Raspberry Cheesecake (top), Cranberry (bottom)
100% Machine Washable Merino, 425 yards, 7-8 stitches/in on US 1-2


A close-up of the yumminess....



Color: Stormy Seas

I think the base yarn is actually Gems Fingering (at least the packaging it came in noted that and it sure does feel as soft as it).

Why hadn't I heard of it before?! I love it!! The colors are so gorgeous in person. And free shipping if you spent a certain amount (which is why I just had to get three skeins). Can't wait to see what Pashy's looks like up close.

And the blog has some cute free patterns too! Thank you Sock Pixie!

Oh, and question for the day...what amount would we consider as being "too much" sock yarn? well, do I really want to know the answer?

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

Batty said...

Oooh, those are gorgeous. I feel a wave of sock yarn lust coming on...

Too much sock yarn? How can there be too much sock yarn when sock yarn doesn't count?

Unknown said...

Lovely! I saw a thread on Knitter's Review forum about the mother/daughter pair and I've been curious about them ever since. Let us know how the colors knit up.

As for too much sock yarn, I'm holding to Yarn Harlot's "rule"/mantra that sock yarn doesn't count!

Anonymous said...

Too much sock yarn? I have no idea what you're talking about!
Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for posting gorgeous pictures of our yarns. Have fun with them, and if you need some pattern ideas, I just posted a new pattern, called the Groovy Socks. I am also working on a new one, with a 68 stitch cast on.That new pattern should be ready tomorrow.

Happy Knitting,

Caroline, the SockPixie

Jessica said...

Nice yarn! Seriously. Looks scrumptious! :)

Zonda said...

Yummy!! Thanks for the midweek YP!!

cpurl17 said...

oooh I just swore off sock yarn but...now I've seen this post, sigh.

Cherie B. said...

Do you actually knit the sock while it's on your foot?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Very pretty!

tapmouse said...

Too much sock yarn?! Well, I think it depends on how you look at it. If you look at it strictly in terms of pairs of socks that must be knit in a specified amount of time, then I guess you have too much if the amount you have exceeds that time line in which you could knit it all. OTOH, if you see it as visual, tactile stimulation that gives inspiration, you can never have too much!

With the handpainteds, you also have an individual, crafted work of art! These 'one of a kind' beauties are sought after and it seems to me resell quite quickly, so it can also be deemed as 'savings' for hard times-don't tell me you haven't seen people whittling their stashes to get money for something they need (like food or books for school...) and you notice with the handpainted yarn, they sell out immediately and are never discounted much, if at all!

And to further shave down the "sock knitting time" idea, some of it could always be doubled and knit into a hat, so it would go quicker!

ShareThis