Sunday, June 17, 2007

Rocky Sweater Vest - Its a Knock Out!

Its done!! I can't believe I finished it this quickly! Here's my Rocky sweater vest (named that because I was under a pressure deadline with less than two weeks to make this...and everytime I thought of it, I kept hearing the song from Rocky!).

Here's what it began with. Debbie Bliss' Cable Sweater from Simply Baby.


And here it is with the matching shirt my sister-in-law picked out. This is what Little Guy will be wearing to his baptism next week (their church is pretty low-kep when it comes to what the babies wear). Perfect match I think, especially considering I didn't have the shirt before I started.

Project: Cable Sweater aka Rocky Sweater Vest

Started: June 9, 2007

Complete: June 17, 2007

Modifications: Lots and lots! Well, for me it seemed like a lot. The smallest size the pattern was written for was 3-6 months and that would have been too big for Little Guy. So I needed to make it smaller. Plus, I had to modify it and turn it into a vest. I'm so proud of the armholes. I decreased differently then the pattern and I added the edging to the armholes. Oh, and I learned how to cable without a cable needle. Could not have done this project without that skill! Thanks to Wendy's easy to follow lesson!

Can't wait to see the Little Guy in this!!

Happy Knitting!! Happy Father's Day too (I think my brother might actually read this post today, or at least look at the pics!)!! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

7 comments:

Zonda said...

Oh! It's just too cute and looks great with the shirt! Nice job!! I hope we get to see a modeled shot! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, that looks great with the shirt. I bet your nephew will be beyond adorable in that outfit for his baptism!

Jessica said...

Soo freaking cute! Great job. It looks perfect with the shirt.

cpurl17 said...

Adorable!! Brava!

Unknown said...

Very cute! He's going to be quite the dapper little guy.

Discoknits said...

Carrie, that is just gorgeous. He will look so smart. I like that baby boys don't wear dresses for baptisms anymore. Neither of mine did :-)

sgeddes said...

So cute and so quick! It came out really great and will really work well with that cute little plaid shirt.

ShareThis