Saturday, June 2, 2007

One Little Monkey....

Monkey #1 done! Love this pattern. Very addicting. These are my test pair before I knit the same sock for my sockapalooza pal (ok, actually I wanted a pair of my own, and I love the pattern so much that I think I want to make them again!).

Socks that Rock, mediumweight, Spring Fling







Before I cast on the second, I'm going to turn the heel on Rowan's Gryffindor sock (I felt a bit guilty in Boston because I had planned to finish at least one of her socks, but then I cast on the Monkeys....and look which one is done first..oh well).



Some questions from the contest a few weeks ago.....

Since Disco is on holiday (and I miss her emails), I'll answer her questions. 1) Have I given my brother a blog name? Nope. Not yet. See, Rowan has one (that's sis). Little guy is probably going to stick for now for the nephew (you know...until he does something fun other than sorta, kinda smile, and cry...and look like the cutest two month old in the world....hey...he's two months old today!). In our family, my brother is called the Prince (yeap...sad...I know. He can do no wrong. Well, he sure can, but in mom's eyes, he can't.). But I sure don't want to call him the Prince on the blog :) I've shown Brother the blog a few times (you know he really doesn't care about the knitting too much), and as soon as pics of the Little Guy or the nursery show up, he TOTALLY wants to read the comments. That's funny to me :)

Next Disco question. 2) Favorite food. Too many... but if we were going out to dinner, my first pick would be Mexican Food!! Some really good, authentic Mexican food. Oh, but you know, now that I think about it...if I could go ANYWHERE for dinner...it might just be to New Orleans for some cajun/creole food, followed by beignets and pralines. Yum! (Or Italy, but I haven't been there yet).

Oh, and check out Woolgirl's blog for a contest! Favorite tv shows and yarn...how could you go wrong. My suggestions included Grey's Anatomy, Alias (miss Sydney Bristow), Ally McBeal (yes, you can love Sydney and Ally both...and I loved Ally), and lately, Friday Night Lights. I also can't wait for the Closer to start again (but I couldn't think of a color for that), and I love my Law and Orders! Your favorites?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Happy Knitting! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

5 comments:

Zonda said...

Love it!! I've been trying to think of a show and color myself!

Batty said...

Beautiful! Now I know how Monkey socks knit up in light colorways. I think my sister (who doesn't have a blog name) would like a pair. Come to think of it, so would I, and this is a possible use for the Bambu.

Next stop: shoe shopping. Because with socks this pretty, people need to see them.

Emma said...

Ooh, pretty! That's such a great pattern.

Unknown said...

The STR Spring Fling looks really nice in this pattern.

It's still on my to-knit list & hopefully I can get to this one of these days since it seems to be a quick knit when I was swatching it for size.

Fiber-4-U said...

I love your Monkeys in that colorway. I also have that one, but need another pair of Monkey's like I need a hole in the head.

Well, maybe anyway ;)

ShareThis