Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hermione's Dream Socks


Project: Hermione's Dream Socks
Pattern: Priscilla's Dream Socks by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts from Favorite Socks
Yarn: vanCalcar FlockSock Yarn in the Gryffindor colorway from Woolgirl (note: this sock yarn is what started it all with my love for all things Woolgirl. Zonda helped me find Gryffindor sock yarn and pointed me there and well, my sock stash has been growing ever since...I've yet to post the HipKnits, Posh Yarn....you've been fairly warned!).
Started: May 20, 2007
Finished: July 17, 2007
Modifications: None, except I was using a fingering weight yarn so I followed the woman's size medium pattern and cast on 72 stitches
New things: I learned the old Norwegian cast on method, short-row heel and toes, and a zig-zag bind off. Pretty cool. Definately would do the pattern again.

Phew! Glad these are done. Now off to knit those little bookmarks. This is post #98!! WIP Wednesday should be #99 and then.....I've got those prizes all picked out!!! I sure know how to drag out a contest (sorry! I thought we'd get here sooner...oh well!! more prizes!! rockin' I tell you!).

Happy Knitting! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Faerynuff said...

They are gorgeous! I love the colours :)

Zonda said...

Just fabulous!! Hoping to post mine this evening!!

Discoknits said...

Nice socks!
I wonder what my 'house' will be, hmmmmm....

Jessie said...

Those are AWESOME! I so need to buy that yarn!

Bad Amy said...

Potter socks rock!

Should we just slap you now for pointing us to Woolgirl?!

cbknits80 said...

I know - that wooldgirl is dangerous!

Turtle said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

I love these!

Unknown said...

“Yhao” is appreciated in all e-commerce worldwide, such as Alibaba and Amazon. We have built a serious and reliable reputation synonymous with quality. You know that Yhao means high quality. wholesale marijuana socks

ShareThis