Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Just Socks

A couple weeks ago, CPurl tagged me to follow in Bezzie's footsteps and show my sock drawer. Ta-da!So sad. Only two little ol' pairs of socks. Rowan has more handknit socks than me. Dad has the same number! Not to fear, my ever-growing sock yarn stash will help me remedy this situation soon.
As soon as I finished my sockapalooza socks, I cast on mini-monkeys in Union Center Knits from Woolgirl. This yarn is so much softer than I thought. I love it! So much so that I ordered a few more skeins this morning with my Yarntini purchase. The colorway of course is one of my favorites, as you can also tell from my recent wristlet purchase from Ashley at Dogged Knits. Love it!

The colorway is Neopolitan and I'm ready to start the heel flap now. These will be one of the pairs I'm hoping to finish for Sock-A-Month4 KAL. Starts tomorrow!
Happy Knitting! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very cute so far!

cbknits80 said...

Cute socks - I'm jealous that you picked up some of the Yarntini - all the fingering weight was gone by the time I got there!

Zonda said...

Love that yarn. Especially how it is knitting up...must stay away from Woolgirl...

Discoknits said...

OK, you definitely rut busted the blue sockyarn with all that pink and brown. Love the mini-monkeys AND the purse is too-cute-for-words.

Ashley said...

Oh, yay! I'm so glad you like it :)

I'm loving the striping on that Union Center sock--Woolgirl is dangerous!! (But in the good way.)

Unknown said...

The Union Center sock and sock yarn is so pretty that I just bought some :-)

ShareThis