Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Polyjuice Potion Post

I think Rowan drank some Polyjuice Potion and has transformed herself into me. Why? Because, I promise you, I'm not the sister who is obsessed with all things Harry Potter. All things knitting yes. All things Harry Potter no. I respect obsession (obviously, you have seen my stash). I enjoy Harry Potter. But Rowan is the one who rereads the books, has them memorized, etc. But from reading this blog and from the knitting I've been and will be doing for the next week, I just want to be clear, its probably Rowan and the Polyjuice Potion. I missed WIP Wednesday and YPF because I was trying to finish reading book six of the series and I'm really trying to finish Hermione's Dream Sock for Rowan too. Oh, and Rowan has requested at least three more bookmarks for the pre-pre-release party we are now hosting before the book release party Friday night. I don't recognize this Irishgirlie.


So Muggles, feel free to skip to the YPF below or go to the contest if you haven't already (we're over 15 entries which means more prizes!! And I picked up a nice, rockin' prize at Purlescense Yarns this weekend for all the July commenters contest too!). I apologize for all this HP mania :) I guess we're a bit excited around here. Here's my update on the Hermione's Dream sock. Let's see if I can finish it by midweek so that I can then whip up those bookmarks. And a big thank you again to my fabulous Harry Potter Secret Pal, whom I have now discovered to be Stariel!


And I finished Book Six. I just loved this book. I know I'm probably the last Harry Potter fan in the world to read it, but I'm so glad I read five and six back to back and can now read book seven (okay, truly have no idea the name of the book coming out Friday night...ugh! Rowan would really call me a Muggle now). Also saw The Order of the Phoenix Friday night. Loved it! With all its flaws and all. Talk to Rowan and you'll get more of a discussion. Wait, maybe the potion is wearing off.

For my Muggle friends who are bearing with me and the Harry Potter stuff, here is a gorgeous Socks that Rock colorway that I recently ordered from their website update (along with a few others).










STR mediumweight Crazy Lace Agate













Love it! The colors are so much more vibrant then I envisioned. MMM...summer is here!




Okay, and I'm even indulging in a Bailey picture.

Happy Knitting!! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Batty said...

It's hard not to get swept up in the general Harry Potter mania. To me, the first three books will always have a special significance. I picked them up during finals one year, and I read all 3 of them in 4 days while trying to memorize Greek grammar and write 2 philosophy papers. They made me laugh when I thought my head would explode.

Such pretty sock yarn! I'm having trouble not ordering some right now, and we all know what happens when you just off and order sock yarn...

Turtle said...

Lol, so is this post 97? harry potter is special in our family as it was the first "big book" my daughter read by herself. (she's 15 going on 30 now)

Love all the yarns you are working with! And cute dog!

cbknits80 said...

Gorgeous sock yarn!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST SISTER!!! I am so proud of you : )
Rowan

Zonda said...

Gah!!! Talk about role reversal!! Hehe, off to check out that yarn!

I'm trying to get my Gryff socks done too by Friday! Good luck girl
!

Unknown said...

Bailey is so cute! And that sock yarn is too lovely!

cpurl17 said...

Oooh! I'm so excited for you! My sister is a big fan and she's the one I knit the socks for. (I ordered the new book but haven't seen the new movie yet).

Discoknits said...

Less HP and More STR/Bailey.
:-)
I don't know which I like best, that sock yarn or your doggy - both totally cute.

sgeddes said...

Cute dog!

Love the STR - I've thought about ordering that color. but I am resititing tempation to order more yarn.

ShareThis