Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas!

Its been a wonderful holiday so far! Today is the first of my 12-days off from work!! Woo-hoo!! Can anyone say knitting?!!

Let's get started with the giving back yarn contest! Our lucky winners are Darcy, Discoknits, and Courtney!! Congratulations (I've emailed you about your prizes) and thank you to everyone who was able to participate! I'm glad I decided to not destash the yarn and donate the $90 of destash money....instead, combined, we donated over $400!!! Thank you!

Happy Christmas

Bailey and Puddles wish you a happy Christmas!

I'm spending the night at my dad's tonight, so I can't show you a picture of my Jingle Bell Rock Monkeys that I cast on tonight during Notre Dame's Bowl Game! Its been weeks since I've knit socks for me and this was my little holiday treat to myself! Doesn't mean the holiday knitting is done, but the one or two things left to knit aren't needed as gifts until this weekend!

And what a bowl game it was! Notre Dame beat Hawaii 49-21!! Go IRISH!! We've had a little self-imposed boycott of ESPN for the last few months (nothing nice to say about ND ever), but all I have to say is....take that Kirk Herbstreit and Mark Mays!

Yet, that wasn't the highlight of my day so far! Snowboarder and I exchanged our gifts today with family and wow!! He totally surprised me!!! Snowboarder gave me gorgeous diamond earrings!! Thanks sweetie!!!

I hope you all are enjoying your holidays!! Hope they are merry!!

Happy Christmas!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

20 comments:

Jadielady said...

Merry Christmas!! *hugs* I hadn't knit anything for myself all month so tonight I worked on my socks that I didn't finish from Socktober!!

Scrabblequeen said...

Yeah for $400 and for puppy pictures! Yeah for knitting what you want to knit, and for good football vibes. Sigh...I wish my basketball team could get some good vibes going.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I know you were hoping for raising $150 so this is incredible!!!!
Please give Bailey and Puddles a hug from me and my toddlers Alora & Athena:)I have been knitting hats for a warm hat drive and want to send in 4 by the deadline so enlisted the help of my BFF and my knitting hubby so i should have crossing fingers 5 hats to send Kathy for the drive.Right now quickly finishing a wine tote for Momma Rhonda.I also knit one hat for myself it looks like a sunflower you can see it on my blog.Merry Christmas you have done a wonderful thing this year.((((Hugs ))))))Darcy

Zonda said...

Awesome amount there!! Merry Christmas!! Have a great time off too! Mine will be spent knitting as well!

Discoknits said...

$400!!!! That's a LOT. Well done.
And thanks for the prize :0)
MERRY CHRISTMAS - have fun today }:0)

Bezzie said...

Awww so cute!!

And hey, our teams might not have had the best seasons this year--but we both won our bowl games! That's very impressive that ND pulled that off. The time difference and the Hawaii home field advantage...nothing to sneeze about--and you guys STUFFED 'EM! Ha ha!

Ha ha, and Merry Christmas (sorry, got a little distracted there!)

peaknits said...

Yay for a great donation! And for vacation and earrings! Those puppies are darling, they look ready for a long winter's nap too:)

Unknown said...

Nice job on the fundraiser!

I'll have to wait 'til later to call my brother since he might be a little put out that the Rainbow Warriors lost. But I'm sure the HI team were good sports. So, I'll leave you with a Mele Kalikimaka to you & your family.

hearthead said...

Merry Christmas Carrie! The kiddos were up at 4:20 this morning...I am ready to go back to bed! You'll have to post a pic of your new bling! Love you! Tell the fam Merry Christmas!

Virtuous said...

Merry CHRISTmas to you too!!

cupcakefaerie said...

What a great fundraiser! Merry merry Christmas!

Can't wait to see the new bling. :) And, yay! The bowl streak is broken!

NatRed2 said...

That is an awesome donation! Congrats to Darcy, Discoknits and Courtney!!

Sounds like you had a terrific Christmas to boot.

Unknown said...

What a great donation!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Batty said...

Merry Christmas!

And... they are so darn cute! Look at those big eyes, I just want to go over there and snorgle them.

weezalana said...

Lucky girl with 12 days off! Hope you, Snowboarders, and the pups had a wonderful Christmas!

Donna said...

Oh my gosh - the cutest doggies ever!

Courtney said...

I received my prize in the mail today. It's great, and a new yarn for me. Thank you!

Clermont County Jail said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wisdom teeth extraction said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Misdemeanor Punishment said...

Congratulations to all the winners!

ShareThis