Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Heart Day!!

love

I cast on the gathered scarf on my birthday. A little indulgence considering I have a few WIPs already. And I haven't put it down since! It certainly grew a lot today as Snowboarder and I drove up to Tahoe/Reno (we're staying with my great-aunt for the weekend). The drive was a bit longer (um...maybe 3 hours longer!!!) because we were driving in a nice little snow storm! It sure was gorgeous though!

gathered hearts
Socks that Rock mediumweight, colorway Bleeding Hearts

I'm hoping this won't stay a WIP very long. I absolutely love it!

Happy Valentine's Day!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

17 comments:

Knitting Kris said...

Oh that is a lovely color, and such a lovely pattern! Knit on!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Rani said...

Perfect for a Valentine weekend knit!

And you are DEFINITELY a 'glass half full' gal. Driving in a snowstorm "sure was gorgeous"!?

I would have been crying in the back seat!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Now I want to knit another one.

Jacey said...

It looks as though that colorway and pattern were made for each other! I love it.

peaknits said...

First of all, happy belated birthday!! Around Valentine's would be so fun - all the cute things, pink, red - aw, so girly! And that scarf - wow - it is fabulous - O love the color and pattern - great choice!

sgeddes said...

Lovely! I've had that pattern cued up for a while. I love it in that color. I'm wondering how lonf of a scarf you'll get out of one skein.

Melissa said...

I love this scarf - it's beautiful!

JelliDonut said...

Gorgeous! Hurry and finish so you can sashay around Reno and show it off!

cbknits80 said...

Happy be-lated b-day!! I loved that yarn and love it even more in the scarf. I might have to be a copycat and get the same thing!

Laura said...

Ohhh that scarf is lovely!

cpurl17 said...

Happy Valentine's day!!

Guess what scarf I'm knitting on this very minute?

Scrabblequeen said...

I wondered what you were going to do with that delicious yarn...this scarf is certainly worthy of it! Enjoy your snowy weekend.

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful. The color is going to look fantastic on you!

Courtney said...

Gorgeous! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Neuroknitter said...

Happy Valentine's day!!! xo

Susie said...

This is so beautiful and the colors are just gorgeous!

Zonda said...

Hoping you have a great weekend! Loving that scarf!!

ShareThis