Friday, February 13, 2009

Fall in Love Fridays: The Bleeding Hearts Edition!

I've been thinking about Fall in Love with Your Stash Fridays for awhile. Then I thought, well, it can also be Fall in Love...with a great book .... or a great recipe ... or song... or whatever I'm loving at that moment!! Mostly, its going to be yarn! But I'm giving myself some room on this one! And I'm really going to try to embrace my treasured stash!! The next few months I'm going to have some challenges (e.g., Stitches West, Sock Camp)!

Bleeding Hearts

What a perfect way to start! I had picked this out last week because it has been marinating in my stash for a good TWO years! Socks that Rock mediumweight Bleeding Hearts. A color that up until Wednesday (my birthday no less!) had not been available on the Blue Moon website for awhile.


IMG_7141

I guess you could say maybe I was saving this colorway until I knew I could easily buy more of it. And then on my birthday Tina goes and updates with lots and lots of new and old colors! And typically, on my birthday, well I would have gone a bit crazy.

IMG_7150

But I tried to be strong. I will be so very weak when I see it in person in two weeks at Stitches. I can just wait two weeks. So instead, I took pictures of the lovely skein I already had!

IMG_7146

It is gorgeous!

IMG_7149

And I fell in love with it all over again. Like it was brand new! And I wound it up and cast on a gathered scarf immediately!! And I love that even more! I'll save those pics for another day!

Tell me, what are you all in love with today?

Happy Valentine's Day!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are such great pictures of the yarn and I'm sure it's going to look amazing knit up into that scarf. Hmm...what am I in love with today? Maybe the prospect of finally having my office cleaned out. Not quite there yet, but I'd say the ability to walk from one corner of the room to another without knocking over a pile of papers or yarn is worth some love.

Knitting Kris said...

I love your pictures! I think you're doing a great job with the camera.......and that is just lovely yarn, which I don't own (yet). I'm trying to be reasonable about the yarn buying until Maryland in May now. I have so much.
I'm in love with knitting the Feb Lady sweater in STR Thraven. It's such a gorgeous color!

turtlegirl76 said...

Of course you're going to get more! You'll be needing a matching hat and gloves to go with that scarf. And then maybe socks. ;)

Love the composition of the photos.

Discoknits said...

Your SUPPOSED to buy lots of yarn at Stitches and Sock Camp (and sock summit!).

I think that colour is SO pretty and the scarf you've chosen is so feminine - just right for the colour :0)

Today I'm in love with my new job - off to teach another class at Gabriella's :0)

How was your birthday?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your Gathered Scarf! I'm on my second one, but my yarn isn't that pretty!

knittingknirvana said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I love your pictures! Is that those Dove chocolates with the cool messages inside? Yummy! I am in love with the toddler that my baby has become! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

cupcakefaerie said...

I fell in love with my sweetie all over again -- he found my laptop power cord that went missing (for 24 hours!) in all the painting chaos at home. My hero. Yes, simple pleasures like a fully charged laptop and beautiful yarn.

Gorgeous photos! Can't wait to see the scarf. Have a wonderful, wonderful birthday weekend! xoxo

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Mmmmm, Dicentra! Gorgeous color. Are you sure you should wait? What if they run out?! If you know you're going to get it anyway...

And then you'll have forgotten all about your splurge in a couple weeks, and buy some more fun at the shows!

Unknown said...

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I cast on for a gathered scarf in a really similar color last night too! :)

That color is really gorgeous--I may have to keep an eye out for it at stitches :)

TopHat said...

I love the purple! Amazing!

Virtuous said...

Love how you did your fiber friday!

And purple is one of my fav colors!! :o) One day I will get my hands on some STR!

Have a fun Valentine Day!

Jadielady said...

Ooooh its beautiful!!!
I fell in love with my Mystery KAL shawl last night once I got it off the DPN's and saw it stretched out for the first time :)

Jana said...

OMG, that is the prettiest color. Thanks to you I just ordered a medium & heavy weight Bleeding Hearts and a Never on Sunday might have asked to come home with me too. I had been wanting Bleeding Hearts for so long. Yay! I can't wait to see your scarf, you do such beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...very pretty! Happy valentine's day!

Unknown said...

Perfect for Valentine's Day!

Neuroknitter said...

What lovely pictures of such beautiful yarn!! Perfect for the upcoming holiday!! ;)

I'm late for this Friday...but I'll be ready for next week's Fall in love Friday!!

ShareThis